Ford GT Rally XIV - Who's in?

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Mr and Mrs Mongrel are registered and hotel is booked. We'll be staying some extra days (check in 28th, check out 3rd) because, coincidentally, the company that runs our foundation is based in Scottsdale, so we'll go meet them after the rally.
Won't be in the ole' GT as it can't fit Roz's wheelchair. However (thank you Ford) our GT500's boot is barely big enough, so we'll be driving that up from H-town, God knows how many hundreds of gallons that is going to take!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Mr and Mrs Mongrel are registered and hotel is booked. We'll be staying some extra days (check in 28th, check out 3rd) because, coincidentally, the company that runs our foundation is based in Scottsdale, so we'll go meet them after the rally.
Won't be in the ole' GT as it can't fit Roz's wheelchair. However (thank you Ford) our GT500's boot is barely big enough, so we'll be driving that up from H-town, God knows how many hundreds of gallons that is going to take!
That all depends on how much fun yer havin' on the way!

Reactions: texas mongrel

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Question for DBK or others; on the registration page it gave the option for PayPal or invoice. Since I'm hesitant to put that much money on PayPal, I chose invoice. I usually use PayPal for relatively small purchases from places like eBay or online merchants. Has anyone had difficulties with large purchases on PayPal? Any advantage to paying one way or the other?

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
At times I’ve run as much as $500k a year through PayPal without an issue, but doesn’t matter either way. I know you’re good for it!

Reactions: THamonGT and PeteK

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
In + 1 and done...

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Registered.

Reactions: GKW05GT

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Question for DBK or others; on the registration page it gave the option for PayPal or invoice. Since I'm hesitant to put that much money on PayPal, I chose invoice. I usually use PayPal for relatively small purchases from places like eBay or online merchants. Has anyone had difficulties with large purchases on PayPal? Any advantage to paying one way or the other?
I've never had problems with PayPal for these amounts.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’ll be living precariously through all my friends attending!!Hope you all have a great time!

GT Owner
Nov 4, 2022
Suburban Detroit
Newbies to the GT Rally world! Waiting for our invoice to finalize payment. Booking flights and hotel. Very stoked!
p.s. I'll work on Owens to be sure we get a GTD to show up!

Wallyworld

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 26, 2020
Paradise Valley, AZ
Registered +1 and payment sent. Thanks dbk and Chip for making this happen, and even better it's literally in my backyard! (I live exactly 1 mile from the hotel :)

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Hotel booked and registered!

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Hotel booked and registered but do not yet appear on the list ..AJB

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
AJB, us older guys are discriminated against because we use things called "checks."

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yes, this is true. :LOL: I only place names on the list when the payment has arrived, but I promise, I will put you guys very near the top once it shows up!

Reactions: PeteK

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I will start prodding Indy GT in the morning. Thank you DBK.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I understand
Wanted to make sure you were counting us towards the goal of 60 vehicles.
Andy (AJB)😁🇺🇸

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Looks like my plus one will be there. Working on deets..

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
AJB, us older guys are discriminated against because we use things called "checks."
You, Dickie and the old ladies holding up the checkout lines at the grocery store are the only people I know who insist on using checks. Not judging...just sayin'...

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, but you should see our perfect credit scores. And I seem to vaguely remember someone's credit card being hacked at the hotel in Austin?

Reactions: PeteK

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Sa
Hotel booked and registered but do not yet appear on the list ..AJB
Same here …. Happened last time as well…CC held up PayPal pending fraud clearance ….Took a couple of days.