Ford GT Rally XIV - Who's in?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Chip Beck & Peggy Howell
Charley Beck & Roxanne Anthony (soon to be Roxanne Beck!)

Registered and paid.
Is it true that Rally XV is in Portugal??

Reactions: Stef and Apollo

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I'm registered for Rally & hotel. I'm ahead of Dr Frank. I don't care if the drinks are more expensive as Frank is buying!

Ed

Reactions: SYCO GT and Apollo

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I am in

Reactions: GKW05GT

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Dates

Tuesday October 29, 2024
thru
Friday November 1, 2024

Host Hotel

Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort
7500 E. Doubletree Ranch Road
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States, 85258

Hotel booking: Click me to book

The Track

Apex Motor Club
22408 N Ralston Rd
Maricopa, AZ 85139

REGISTER NOW BY CLICKING HERE

We are BACK!

It's late in the year, I know. It's a chaotic time around the world and at home. As they have been for much of the last 5 years, the vibes are weird, and they seem destined to get weirder yet. At some point in the year, I had an epiphany: this really could be it at any time. Maybe even the week after we do this thing. So it's up to us ladies and gentlemen. We have no other choice. We must have the party. We must drive the GTs. We must haul the ass on track. And we must have the beers with old friends and new, and laugh at how ridiculous things are.

Of course these things require a lot of effort by a lot of people. A lot of trucks hauling across the country. A lot of flights. A lot of vehicular preparation to make sure our finely tuned machines performance flawlessly-ish as we sail through the desert. Track instructors and cooking class organizers and house party planners. It's a lot of man hours by many people. But I am reminded of our corporate slogan - we do this not because it is easy, but because we thought it would be easy! So let's do it.

Scottsdale was a blast in 2021. Perhaps it was destiny that right as the motivation hit me, Kellyne from the Hyatt in Scottsdale called. They were just getting to the finish line of a $110 million renovation on property and since they hadn't booked any groups for peak fall season, she wanted to know if we were interested in coming back. You're g*****n right we are Kellyne. The place looks awesome and this time we're going to actually fill that entry with GTs of all varieties. I can promise you we'll have some special stuff this year - old and new. No promises but Jim is working on a GTD for us at the event as well.

So we will be returning to the newly minted Grand Hyatt Scottsdale Resort (formerly the Hyatt Regency Resort & Spa at Gainey Ranch). And we will once again be returning to Apex Motor Club. Of all the tracks we've been to, this was one of the best. Perfect for GTs, smooth, flowing and fast. Should be pretty good in an 800 hp MkIV this year. And of course there will be lots of dining, driving and socializing as we reminisce about all the good times in the past, and look forward to those in the future. Sorry it's gotten a little more costly, but I blame the BLS. They lied to me. I don't know why hotel cocktails are 70% more. Damn, even the Donkey is $250 more an hour this year. Too many dollars chasing too few burros I guess.

Either way - let's do this thing.

View attachment 70262

View attachment 70263
View attachment 70264
View attachment 70265

View attachment 70266

View attachment 70267
I’ve heard Donkeys rates are way up this year due to inflation and Mules are sky high. But when you add the additional rate and divide by the number of attendees it doesn’t look nearly as bad.

Reactions: Ed Sims

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
How could I be #1 before and not even in the top 10 now? Please put me on the list.
...Damn it Frank...I bought a red GT because you said it was the fastest. Now...you aint in the top 10 and neither am I...

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Registered and payment sent. Thanks again Dave, Chip and others for all your hard work.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Registered (I think successfully) and $$check put in the mail.
Andy AJB

GT0987

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 11, 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Registered & paid, +1

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I’m in

Reactions: Ed Sims

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Registered.

Reactions: GKW05GT

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Registered.. Bringing extra tire plugs !!!

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
33 cars in + 9 pending. 42 after day 1. Was hoping we could get to 60 GTs on such short notice. Looks like we will make it.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
👍👍

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Registered and paid.... Going solo this time, wife will be in Europe, hate she misses but I am not.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
I’m in.

FerrariSlayer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 3, 2014
Spring, TX
Just registered + 1 - looking forward to it!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Spot number 25 ready and waiting.

These are always the pinnacle of our year. For ANYONE who is on the fence about attending a Ford GT Forum Rally, all I can say is sign up right now!! You will not regret it. DBK, Chip Beck and team are master class at putting these on and the company is first class, top shelf, and any other superlative you can think of. It's simply the best as Mrs. Turner would say.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Susan and I can not wait.

Vince H

Last edited:

HighHP

GT Owner
Jun 3, 2019
Spokane, WA
Registered and paid. On the list #40.
Ed Groce and wife Karen

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I’m registered and in! Sue will not be coming.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I'm registered. Solo again.

I also made the Hyatt room reservation for a room with two queen beds. If anyone going solo wants to split the room with me, let me know.