Ford GT National Rally III!

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Dave,
I bumped mine up to MarkVI, my SSI increase made it affordable.
Tom

MarkVI ? How big was that check Tom? :biggrin

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Pardon my ignorance, but what id "Mark IV"; " Platinum "; " Lifetime" etc. with regard to the Forum???

I seem to be missing something here.

TEXAS GT

2006 Twin Turbo
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Pardon my ignorance, but what id "Mark IV"; " Platinum "; " Lifetime" etc. with regard to the Forum???

I seem to be missing something here.

Those are the levels for financial supporters of the forum. Mark IV are the top contributors.

I'm always surprised by how many people participate in this forum but don't financially contribute to keep it going.

Go to "User CP" and look on the left toward the bottom for "Paid Subscriptions".

If you appreciate all the info and events provided by this forum, send a check to preserve it.:thumbsup

Last edited:

Piana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Northern California
Those SSI checks are big so I went up a couple levels. It's nice up here.
I thought I checked that before I posted, guess not.

STUNTS

FORD GT OWNER & LITTLE TIMMYS DAD!
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
SoCal
The standard multi-GT name badge. I'm getting as many people as I can but the problem is everybody and their brother has two, er four, now.

All spousi and guesti receive the same badge minus the username and with their own name.

Here ya go.

you rock!!! thanks

GTNJ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 21, 2006
State of Confusion
Those are the levels for financial supporters of the forum. Mark IV are the top contributors.

I'm always surprised by how many people participate in this forum but don't financially contribute to keep it going.

Go to "User CP" and look on the left toward the bottom for "Paid Subscriptions".

If you appreciate all the info and events provided by this forum, send a check to preserve it.:thumbsup

All signed up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Talked to Fred a couple times this past week and he is going to give a talk on the genesis of the Ford GT program. He thought it would be interesting to give some details of what happened when the program really first started and there were very few people involved. Should be good!

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
That's very impressive, just what you would expect from a first class operation like this.

What do you do for the spouses (spousi?):lol

Let Mrs. TEXAS GT get her own GT -- and her own badge!:banana:wink
Mrs. Moose (aka Heritage owner)

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Let Mrs. TEXAS GT get her own GT -- and her own badge!:banana:wink
Mrs. Moose (aka Heritage owner)

You trying to say she needs another one besides her red one?

Can she have her badge now:biggrin :thumbsup

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Talked to Fred a couple times this past week and he is going to give a talk on the genesis of the Ford GT program. He thought it would be interesting to give some details of what happened when the program really first started and there were very few people involved. Should be good!

Excellent! :thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
That will be perfect!! :) Many thanks.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
What do we know about Track Rules for the Las Vegas Motor Speedway?

At this weekend's Track Time at saac33, we were informed of an arcane NJ State Law that prohibits short pants and open toed shoes in the pit area or on the track. saac did not tell us about this beforehand, and some folks had to scramble to the local WalMart for some long pants. The requirement was ironclad, even for Parade Laps.

Kind of a silly law, as short sleeved shirts are apparently fine - no logic to it.

Not the end of the world, because store were convenient, but it would have been nice to know ahead of time.

Will someone please enumerate what requirements we will have to satisfy in order to take our cars out on the track for track time?

Thank you.

( By the way, there were about a dozen GT's at the saac event, and most of them did spend some time on the track. I was really amazed at how comfortable the car made me feel, and how much performance potential is there. ( a lot more in the car than the driver at this point, but I hope to keep on learning ) I think I did pretty well in my sessions, until the time that a FR500S Miller Cup car appeared in my mirrors from out of nowhere! I held him off (up?) for a lap and then let him go and tried to learn from him. I think the GT has a horsepower and acceleration advantage, but with that wing and whatever race rubber they run , I wasn't comfortable trying to stay with him in the turns. )

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
William, I'll find out the specifics today or tomorrow. I'm sure long pants and closed shoes are a must. I've never been to a track where they weren't. Should know for sure by tomorrow.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I think we've now added Hermann Salenbach to the list of speakers who will give us some background on the development of the Cobra and GR-1 which both currently sit not in production. Hermann is the director of SVT and also Advanced Product Creation, so he's a guy that you might want to relentlessly harass into building a new car, or at least take that message back to Dearborn.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
... until the time that a FR500S Miller Cup car appeared in my mirrors from out of nowhere!I held him off (up?) for a lap and then let him go and tried to learn from him.QUOTE]

:rofl:rofl:rofl:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
... until the time that a FR500S Miller Cup car appeared in my mirrors from out of nowhere!I held him off (up?) for a lap and then let him go and tried to learn from him.QUOTE]

:rofl:rofl:rofl:thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

Bill,

I saw you out there booking pretty good......was impressed....Dave Z with the black one was also doing great on street tires........I was wondering who was with that Heritage that kept on spinning on multiple corners.. I was behind him on one spin where it was evident he was applying 2 much power while still coming out of a turn.......but a great FGT turn out for sure......great driving Bill....

Gino

P.S. The FR500 Miller car was very quiet...but sure deadly..that driver knew his stuff......passed me on the back stretch like a wind.........

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
The most important question is will there be a Maker's Mark reception upon entering the hotel hosted by one of our famous Forum Members ???
drinkbuds.gif

MakersMark_750.gif

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yes, we are posting Frank's room number on this thread, order anything you want and charge it to him. :)

dbtgt

One lucky SOB to own a GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 4, 2006
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Yes, we are posting Frank's room number on this thread, order anything you want and charge it to him. :)
:lol:party:club:party:banana:banana:banana

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
:lol:party:club:party:banana:banana:banana

:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers:cheers