5.8 Liter 2013 Shelby GT-500 Confirmed

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Like I said, it's not a new model. They don't change suspensions in the middle of a product cycle.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Diesel would be soooo cool. I drove my daughter's 335d to Vegas to attend SEMA. Reset all the trip computers, etc. before setting off. Upon arrival, my average speed for the trip (~260 miles) was 78 MPH and the MPG was 38. Simply un-believable. The car has 265HP and 425 Ft-lbs of Torque. Consider that Dodge's much-touted second generation 5.7 Hemi produced 407 lb-ft of torque. In a nutshell, the 335d is a wolf in sheep's clothing..... and defies logic in the performance:MPG paradigm.

At SEMA, I stopped in and talked to the folks at Cobb Tuning. They will soon have some tunes for the 335d that up torque more than 100 ft-lbs :eek:eek

I really think that there's a whole lot more un-tapped potential in turbocharged diesel technology. I would love to see Ford in this game.... especially since there is no hope that Sam would ever consider the 335d.

Colton74

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 4, 2010
Edmonton, Alberta
I would have to guess it will be some sort of electric/hybrid on the less sporty models. Will be interesting to see what it is. Diesel would be great as well; North America as a whole seems to be a tough market to convince about diesel though. I am on my third pickup with a diesel and love driving it.

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm only talking about the GT500 and it's performance. Mustang will be all new sooner rather than later, so there won't be any wild changes to the regular car until then.

H

HHGT

I'm only talking about the GT500 and it's performance. Mustang will be all new sooner rather than later, so there won't be any wild changes to the regular car until then.

How cool is that? A 4 Door GT500. :thumbsup:thumbsup

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Intro is tomorrow and there are two pieces of information which I think will shock people. I'll be interested to see the reaction. One of the two pieces of info is staggering for a Mustang.

Rubber floor surfaces in lieu of carpet, availability of matte paint finish and adaptive suspension. Oh, wait that's three.... :biggrin

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
twin clutch tranny?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Automatic transmission.

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

He said regular car... Maybe the Boss is getting a 429? :secret:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Automatic transmission.

1+

ZL1 has an auto option. A GT500 with an auto would be KILLER on the drag strip.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave can slap me around if I'm wrong but the 2015 Mustang will certainty have an IRS since the platform will be used around the world (remember "One Ford").

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I have heard well past 638hp. Can't wait to hear real dyno numbers.

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I have heard well past 638hp. Can't wait to hear real dyno numbers.

Dyno numbers are big. The car will be significantly turned down to meet a nice round SAE number.

ZR-1 is 638 hp. I wonder if Chevy would be willing make a 660 hp Camaro?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I wonder if Chevy would be willing make a 660 hp Camaro?

An interesting chess game playing out...

Remember when Ford announced their new diesel engine - Top Dog numbers for only a day or two, then eclipsed by the GM numbers for the DuraMax. Then, Ford took the unusual step of revising their numbers once again and launching a program for those trucks already in dealer's hands to get a new engine management tune to match Ford's upward revised claims. That move, no doubt cost Ford some $ to retain bragging rights.

Here we go with the numbers game again - in another equally well contested marketspace. Show me your numbers, GM, and THEN we'll show you ours. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford has more than one set of numbers they can go with - depending on GM playing the pawn or the knight....

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Remember when Ford announced their new diesel engine - Top Dog numbers for only a day or two, then eclipsed by the GM numbers for the DuraMax. Then, Ford took the unusual step of revising their numbers once again and launching a program for those trucks already in dealer's hands to get a new engine management tune to match Ford's upward revised claims. That move, no doubt cost Ford some $ to retain bragging rights.

Here we go with the numbers game again - in another equally well contested marketspace. Show me your numbers, GM, and THEN we'll show you ours. I wouldn't be surprised if Ford has more than one set of numbers they can go with - depending on GM playing the pawn or the knight....

Similar thing played out back in MY2007 (I think) when Toyota launched their all new new pickup (that was supposed to conquer the segment). Toyota had benchmarked Ford who had pre-released performance/capacity/towing data on the F150. Once Toyota launched, Ford offered up the actual specs. 'Lesson learned'.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I wonder if the Gene and Mark have already lapped VIR. I'm guessing that it will spank a stock GT.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
ZR-1 is 638 hp. I wonder if Chevy would be willing make a 660 hp Camaro?

Remember when Ford announced their new diesel engine - Top Dog numbers for only a day or two, then eclipsed by the GM numbers for the DuraMax. Then, Ford took the unusual step of revising their numbers once again...

Here we go with the numbers game again - in another equally well contested marketspace. Show me your numbers, GM, and THEN we'll show you ours.

LIke I said before:

"With the new Camaro ZL1 making 570hp, most believe that the new 5.8 liter GT-500 will pack 600hp at least..."

....and then G.M. will top THAT...then Ford will top THAT...then.................................

"It's deja vu all over again." (Yogi B.)

Edit: The 2012 ZL1 is yet to be released. Whadayah wanna bet its current 580 advertised h.p. will be "upped" to at least 650 by then?

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Good Lord!

200 MPH
650 HP
6 Speed Automatic Transmission
Recarro Seats
Brembo Brakes
Limited Slip Differential

:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek:eek

http://content.usatoday.com/communi...mustang-shelby-gt-first-200-mph-muscle-car-/1

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/15/2013-ford-mustang-and-boss-302-get-styling-packaging-updates/

http://www.insideline.com/ford/must...g-to-debut-at-2011-los-angeles-auto-show.html

M3 can bite big ford sausage!!! $50K!!! Are you frigging kidding me?

Hell they even fixed the rear fascia

Last edited:

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
:eek:eek:eek Holy sufferin' socks!!!!!!! :eek:eek:eek

:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy:willy