Updates on your 2005-2006 Ford GT, What have you done lately?

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Well, with the Hot Button markets experiencing irrational exuberance, I thought I would mention a little project I have been working on.

It started out because of my OCD fixating on the plastic vents warping as they age. We are now prototyping a lightweight, true aluminum vent replacement that can be left raw, polished or powder coated. It could be part of a seat rejuvenation project where you replace the vents, and while the skin is off, clearcoat the CF the way Sparco should have done in the first place.

of course Staying in raw aluminum will preclude the need of NLA and expensive Hot Button snap-on inserts. These are the exact size of the plastic faux vents but could easily be oversized around the outside periphery if necessary.

IMG_3014.jpeg

IMG_3013.jpegIMG_3011.jpeg

donnymac

Defered Ajudication
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 26, 2008
West Texas
Nice!

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Cool, I would be in for a set.

Reactions: 2112 and Chris A.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’m interested if you produce them

Reactions: 2112

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Ah great minds think alike 2112 & those look interesting, i wanted the hot buttons so bad for my car i contacted anyone & everyone about them to no avail including you lol .So i decided to make them myself & found someone willing & able mine came as exact copies of the originals in color & shape & cost me an arm & a leg to get made ,so i only had a handful made .Gave set to my friend & sold a couple on Ebay & have a couple left.

Reactions: MR. 5 MPG

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Ah great minds think alike 2112 & those look interesting, i wanted the hot buttons so bad for my car i contacted anyone & everyone about them to no avail including you lol .So i decided to make them myself & found someone willing & able mine came as exact copies of the originals in color & shape & cost me an arm & a leg to get made ,so i only had a handful made .Gave set to my friend & sold a couple on Ebay & have a couple left.

Did you make Hot Buttons or the entire vent shown above?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Donna and I took "Old Blue" out for a Father's Day 50 mile run in the country. The car performs and sounds outstanding and is my favorite car to drive on the street. Hard to believe these are 20-year-old cars.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Agree with you totally!
As they say,
It’s the one!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I’d like to buy a set if you have them

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Did you make Hot Buttons or the entire vent shown above?
Just the hot button like the original , they're the ones in the eBay ad

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
IMG_0302.jpeg

Not a great picture, but these seat vents are what I plan to reproduce.

Last edited:

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I’d like to buy a set if you have them

As soon as I confirm exactly how the plastic vents are supported (it isn’t just the leather) I will firm up prod plans.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
IMG_2235.jpeg

You can clearcoat the CF at the same time.