Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Andy ,
Congratulations!
Andy (ajb)

Reactions: Specracer

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Not sure the fun to be around group is for me, just saying.

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm always loathe to get into this topic because it really sucked the life outta me the last couple of years, and repeating myself into the vast emptiness of space is largely fruitless but...all this stuff about influencers and followers and YouTubers etc was really just nonsense.

I've grown largely agnostic about what people do with their GTs. It's a great car to drive and I think never driving it is somewhat of a shame, but at the same time, if the car came with no powertrain, I would still want to park it in my living room because I think it's art, and one of the most beautiful automotive designs of all time. So if you like driving it; awesome. If you like just looking at it for the sheer artistic value; awesome. I also just don't have the kind of cash necessary to put a billion miles on a car that has a front fascia that costs $94,000 as a part, and I think there's a lot of people in that situation. :ROFLMAO:

Back to allocations, the application process was just an interesting marketing exercise, and a sincere attempt to at least make the vehicles available to real enthusiasts. Now here's where perception and reality diverge; it was not followers or views that got allocations, and it wasn't influencers that flipped the cars. I think that perception exists because it's what people want to believe about broader society. It was some derisible group of celebutard profiteers that value nothing, only attention, who said what they needed to say to get what they want. But that shit ain't the truth. The vast majority of cars were awarded to people on the merits of being an enthusiast or prior GT owner, and it was those people that did most of the parking and flipping. If you really want to drill down the demographics of it, it looks like the typical demo of this website, and the reality is, a lot of people just like an extra $300-500k more than they liked owning that car they professed they'd be buried in.

I wish the GTD was a little cheaper because I'd really love to have a car I can just absolutely rag the shit out of with no concern of the end value, and I really think it's gonna be an incredible road car to drive (and fast as balls). But I am way less invested in caring about who gets them, because I've stared into that abyss before and seen reality. I hope lots of people who really love them get them and do all kinds of fun stuff with them and make lots of people's days with them, but truly being able to discern who that is is very difficult indeed.

Jules: You read the Bible Ringo?

Pumpkin: Not regularly, no.

Jules: Well, there’s a passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17. “The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of the darkness, for he is truly his brother’s keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy My brothers. And you will know I am the Lord when I lay My vengeance upon you.”

Now… I been sayin’ that shit for years. And if you ever heard it, that meant your ass. You’d be dead right now. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was a cold-blooded thing to say to a motherfucker before I popped a cap in his ass. But I saw some shit this mornin’ made me think twice. See, now I’m thinking: maybe it means you’re the evil man. And I’m the righteous man. And Mr. 9mm here… he’s the shepherd protecting my righteous ass in the valley of darkness. Or it could mean you’re the righteous man and I’m the shepherd and it’s the world that’s evil and selfish. And I’d like that. But that shit ain’t the truth. The truth is you’re the weak. And I’m the tyranny of evil men. But I’m tryin’, Ringo. I’m tryin’ real hard to be the shepherd.

Last edited:

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Well said.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
…The vast majority of cars were awarded to people on the merits of being an enthusiast or prior GT owner, and it was those people that did most of the parking and flipping. If you really want to drill down the demographics of it, it looks like the typical demo of this website, and the reality is, a lot of people just like an extra $300-500k more than they liked owning that car they professed they'd be buried in.
💯. It’s probably tough for people who wanted a car and didn’t get one to see the flipping going on.

But as you stated it’s really hard to tell what people will do in the end. On balance, I think Ford did about as good a job as could be done.

Reactions: Joe Dozzo

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The excerpt from Pulp fiction is good.. I also like another movie line,, " do you feel lucky punk,, ? Well do ya ? " Good luck to all that applied...

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
Wow!

Can't wait to see pricing!
Starting price $350k if you can find one

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Not sure this has been addressed. Who will be servicing the GTD? Warranty work? All dealers? Complicated hydraulics like Gen2 GTs?
Dealers who service Gen2 GTs will have at least more experience and additional work for them!

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Any dealer can service but it would be wise to send it to someone with experience with a new GT. It's not as complicated as the GT is but it does have a significant hydraulic system.

Reactions: Johntpr

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
If I should be so lucky as to get an Allocation for a GTD, I will try not to get caught in a freak snowstorm as I did one day in the GT. One of the few times it came home on a towtruck. Broken axle bolts were the other 2 times. I checked them yearly after that. Did 80,000 miles in that particular car up here in Canada. Tough as we have like 4 or 5 month summers lol up here sometimes. Climate warming is nowhere to be seen in my world...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Reactions: extrap

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Which blue is that, Ed?

Reactions: Ed Sims

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It's a color called Holographic Blue. Not in the standard color palette.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
On the entry lawn at Pebble

Attachments

• IMG_8170.png
    IMG_8170.png
    4.9 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_8169.png
    IMG_8169.png
    5 MB · Views: 35
Reactions: Johntpr

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
I am a blue car guy, but unless it looks better in real life, this looks like a “bluish-gray “ or “ I really wanna be blue “. or “I really can’t decide blue” or silverfish blue ….
IMHO.
Andy (ajb)

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I get what you're saying Andy, but I bet you are right and it looks amazing in person, kind of like the Porsche Mexico or Riviera Blue. Blue is such a hard color to see accurately in photos. (y)

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I haven't yet seen it in person, but I like what I see in photos so far!

Holographic Blue.

Holographic Blue.jpg

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
I would just prefer a “blue-blue.”
Lightening or velocity, or performance… or even better , let’s bring back Sonic Blue as a standard palette blue !
Andy (ajb)

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
On the entry lawn at Pebble
Nice seeing you & Tom! Plus we stayed at the same hotel! See you at the Rally!

Ed

Reactions: john gourley

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I haven't yet seen it in person, but I like what I see in photos so far!

Holographic Blue.
The color is cool but DBK Riviera Blue would be awesome!

Reactions: JWZ