The New Mustang GTD

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
I based my application upon my lifestyle. I don't have a Internet presence other than my business, my hope is my name does not appear online. I do drive my cars and enjoy track use. If they feel like they would rather have people like " speed whatever" to have one due to the fact they are more special then so be it. I really don't want that in my life.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Well it seems some of you have much better connections than the rest of us. I have had the ability to see the pictures and videos the rest of you have posted. No in person visits here. I as well have a few Ford products. My insurance man thinks I'm nuts, I have 15 fox body and newer mustangs. Seems one more couldn't hurt.
Nonsense! I bet your insurance rep loves you!

saleenrose

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2013
Saw a interesting review of GTD Mustang applications, they claimed that only 1 in 4 have owned a Mustang, I am guessing the average mustang owner doesn't have the financial ability to purchase a GTD. But your Ford GT, Porsche, Ferrari, ECT... Owners have more of a ability to do so. But how many of those people would really be excited to tell there friends they just bought a new Mustang. I think my friends would be in line to ride in it. I would be excited to drive it. And yes, my insurance man loves my yearly payment.

Attachments

• IMG_20230813_124920018.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 23
Reactions: THamonGT

bmoullet

GT Owner
Apr 19, 2006
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Here we go again. Hollywood video submissions and anxious people clamoring to buy a car many will never use. Good luck to everyone who applied. I truly hope that they go to loyal fans who drive and enjoy the GTD.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I personally hope the New GTD Mustang Allocations go to Applicants who will drive, show and share their New Mustang with others who were not able to own one and not put in store age and collections. Hopefully Ford will do a better job of qualifying these deserving owners and not owners who will flip them for profit as did many New Ford GT Owners did! I Personally did not apply for one but have recently ordered a Dark Horse 2024 Mustang as I am selling my 2017 Ford GT after 6 1/2 years of wonderful ownership! For those years I worked very hard to represent Ford and The Ford GT as an Ambassador in every venue and situation I could! Good Luck to all Applicants! Tomy Hamon

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I personally hope the New GTD Mustang Allocations go to Applicants who will drive, show and share their New Mustang with others who were not able to own one and not put in store age and collections. Hopefully Ford will do a better job of qualifying these deserving owners and not owners who will flip them for profit as did many New Ford GT Owners did! I
That was supposed to be the case of the new Ford GT but we all know how well that worked out.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I personally hope the New GTD Mustang Allocations go to Applicants who will drive, show and share their New Mustang with others who were not able to own one and not put in store age and collections. Hopefully Ford will do a better job of qualifying these deserving owners and not owners who will flip them for profit as did many New Ford GT Owners did! I Personally did not apply for one but have recently ordered a Dark Horse 2024 Mustang as I am selling my 2017 Ford GT after 6 1/2 years of wonderful ownership! For those years I worked very hard to represent Ford and The Ford GT as an Ambassador in every venue and situation I could! Good Luck to all Applicants! Tomy Hamon
Tomy, yes you did represent the New Ford GT well, as did most of the Forum members who got an allocation. Many of the celebrities and social media "influencers," not so much, and some of them were downright duplicitous. I was not lucky enough to get an allocation, so that still bugs me too.

I won't be applying for the GTD, as I prefer the classic style of my 2005 GT, and at nearly 85,000 (s)miles, I'll keep driving it. I'll see what wears out first--it or me?

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Tomy, yes you did represent the New Ford GT well, as did most of the Forum members who got an allocation. Many of the celebrities and social media "influencers," not so much, and some of them were downright duplicitous. I was not lucky enough to get an allocation, so that still bugs me too.

I won't be applying for the GTD, as I prefer the classic style of my 2005 GT, and at nearly 85,000 (s)miles, I'll keep driving it. I'll see what wears out first--it or me?
I can relate, my first mustang was a 1966 in highschool. Have 3) 2003 Mach 1's as the shaker hood is way cool.... Just breaking in my Darkhorse. Full Load except appearance pkg. Really smooth car. Been gentle on her so far... Good on you for 85K, I had 80K on one I sold to Florida, Whippled 4L 770 RWHP. Best of Luck to all my fellow GT members on the allocation.. I really enjoyed a 2017 GT350R. This Darkhorse is almost as smooth... Excellent Job FORD....

Reactions: THamonGT and jammer

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ours will be driven, just like our 06 and 17 GT's have been.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
I enjoy driving my FGT, but what's even more enjoyable than the driving experience for me is seeing the joy on other people's faces when they see and get close to the FGT, especially the young generation. It is not like what I see when driving other exotic/performance cars in my collection. I imagen the GTD would bring about even more enthusiasm and appreciative smiles among the young car fans as it represents an extension of a model they are familiar with. However, my chances of getting an allocation is probably slim to none as I did not include a video in my application.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
I enjoy driving my FGT, but what's even more enjoyable than the driving experience for me is seeing the joy on other people's faces when they see and get close to the FGT, especially the young generation. It is not like what I see when driving other exotic/performance cars in my collection. I imagen the GTD would bring about even more enthusiasm and appreciative smiles among the young car fans as it represents an extension of a model they are familiar with. However, my chances of getting an allocation is probably slim to none as I did not include a video in my application.
Be Positive, as I also had no video. Only Time will tell......

Reactions: Joe Dozzo

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
if you go to my Youtube account “Tomy’s-My Girl”, you’ll see quite of videos of my enjoyment sharing my 2017 Ford GT with the youth of Texas! The grins and excitement were worth the 6 1/2 years of ownership and sharing her with all! I’ll find the right deserving New owner for her, not in any hurry!

Last edited:
Reactions: jammer

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Does it include your chance meeting with the eight point buck in Wyoming on the Rally run?

Reactions: THamonGT

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Hopefully I get picked for a Canada GTD or I will grab a Porsche GT3 Touring model, Yes I will pay the Premium but I would drive that car or the GTD everywhere in the summer up here in Canada

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Here we go again. Hollywood video submissions and anxious people clamoring to buy a car many will never use. Good luck to everyone who applied. I truly hope that they go to loyal fans who drive and enjoy the GTD.
If somebody sells their allocation with less than 1,000 miles on it, Ford should automatically post up one's application, so they can remember what they said they planned to do with it. Privacy? Ford could just have a request that publication be allowed as part of the application process.

Haha! That could be amusing to read in select cases.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Saw a interesting review of GTD Mustang applications, they claimed that only 1 in 4 have owned a Mustang, I am guessing the average mustang owner doesn't have the financial ability to purchase a GTD. But your Ford GT, Porsche, Ferrari, ECT... Owners have more of a ability to do so. But how many of those people would really be excited to tell there friends they just bought a new Mustang. I think my friends would be in line to ride in it. I would be excited to drive it. And yes, my insurance man loves my yearly payment.
I think a true car enthusiast is a true car enthusiast. Someone who loves all cars and what they mean to an owner. Remember, many of us Ford GT owners were once, and many still are, Ford Mustang, and Ford Mustang Cobra, Mustang GT, GT350, GT500, owners.

I know I'd personally be excited to tell my friends I bought a new Mustang, of any kind. And I think they'd be happy for me too. My buddy just bought an old 2008 pick up truck with manual roll up windows and door locks. I definitely want to see it!

A Mustang can bring a smile to anyone's face. In fact, I like that about Mustangs. I feel most anyone can appreciate the fun of a Mustang, if they can't, it's not the cars fault.

Otherwise, one should probably find some friends that are actually fun to be around.

Last edited:
Reactions: dshears

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
If somebody sells their allocation with less than 1,000 miles on it, Ford should automatically post up one's application, so they can remember what they said they planned to do with it. Privacy? Ford could just have a request that publication be allowed as part of the application process.

Haha! That could be amusing to read in select cases.
No need to publicize them. Would be enough to just move their future application to the bottom of the pile no matter how "influencer" they may be or the number of their followers on YouTube, Insta, etc.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
I think a true car enthusiast is a true car enthusiast. Someone who loves all cars and what they mean to an owner. Remember, many of us Ford GT owners were once, and many still are, Ford Mustang, and Ford Mustang Cobra, Mustang GT, GT350, GT500, owners.

I know I'd personally be excited to tell my friends I bought a new Mustang, of any kind. And I think they'd be happy for me too.

A Mustang should be able to bring a smile to anyone's face. In fact, I like that about Mustangs. I feel most anyone can appreciate the fun of a Mustang.

Otherwise, yeah, I agree, one should find some friends that are actually fun to be around.
1717010786032.png

Reactions: Jazz76 and 2112

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Haha! That is a hilarious graphing.

Reactions: dshears

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Saw a interesting review of GTD Mustang applications, they claimed that only 1 in 4 have owned a Mustang,
We currently own ~10 mustangs, so I guess we are in the minority (but because of the mustangs and being active in the GT community, we got the allocation with out having to apply)