Question on repairs and warranty

panteradon

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2012
I am new to the FGT scene so I am not familiar with repairs and how often they might be beeded vs the car is almost bullet proof. I can get a 5 year bumper to bumper warranty for $16,000 with a cap of $50,000 Does this seem s like a "you need it" "you don't need it" "I would roll the dice"

Any help is appreciated.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Who has a warranty like that? Are you sure they know it is a GT and not a mustang? Better find out what they expense parts at, that is the problem.

panteradon

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2012
The warranty was offered from the dealer I bought the car from. So they do know it is a FGT

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
You could easily get it back on some parts like headlights if they fail, but like all insurance policies, will you need it...

As heavily as some advertise I was tempted to call one to see what they had to say

Tomcat

GT Owner
Check to see if the GTGuys (or your GT potential repair shop) recognize/accept this specific warranty company.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ok, insurance from the dealership but who is actually covering the deal? Some company must be issuing the coverage? Or brokering?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
$16,000 for a 5-year warranty is pretty expensive, so that must account for it as a Ford GT. Be careful of aftermarket warranty companies. They frequently go tits-up when claims exceed reserves.