New Member looking for advice about parts for 05 GT

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
RS Headlight system - (assuming you mean Right Side) Last I heard, no longer available from Ford. Also, last I heard someone out there has 2 new-in-box headlights but dunno if they really wanna sell 'em. A couple forum members have posted about creating new ones, but I haven't heard anything firm yet.

That would be @GT101 (I am hoping he hasn't abandoned the project).

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just in case you're PO'd at Ford on spare parts for the GT they aren't the only one. A couple of years ago the Dodge Dealer broke the fuel tank on my truck while replacing a fuel pump. It's the oversized 33 gallon tank. None are available from Dodge (even today) and there is no aftermarket tank made. He and I separately scoured our collective "junk yards" until he located one for which he paid.

The reason for the concern is that the tank didn't leak gas, the break was one of the evap lines to the top of the tank so the failure was an emissions "slow leak" check engine light. This gets hairy. I can't pass emissions in Nevada with a Check Engine light or an emissions pending code. I asked the dealer what would happen if they can't find one since no emissions pass is essentially scrap the truck. It never got that far and I never got an answer from the state as to what to do if you get an emissions related fault but the part is no longer available from anywhere...

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
I currently own a 05 GT and I am in the process of giving it to my son. I am located in Fountain Hills AZ and I want to change the following parts before I gift the car to him.... RS Headlight system, Silver Seat Inserts, Steering Wheel Horn Emblem and a replacement windshield. I am unable to find these parts. None of the items are "broken or non functioning" but have blemishes or minor chips that I want to replace. Any ideas would help tremendously and I want to take care of these things that bother me ASAP before I give him the car. Thanks for all your help in advance.
The Godfather of Ford GT pats on eBay has a lot of parts for sale. He said he is retiring.

Gerry