New FGT owner

panteradon

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2012
Just got my first FGT yesterday. Love this car. I have had 2 DeTomaso Panteras and this reminds me of a more refined Pantera. I have a lot to learn. My one observation in my limited driving is that I would love to sit a bit higher. Being short 5’ 3” I feel even shorter in the car. Other than that this car needs nothing. Looking forward to enjoying it for years to come.

Don

460647224_10213482381811918_7303072313636729026_n.jpg

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Congrats! How many miles does it have?
Joe

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Nice! Congrats! My 5'-2" sister couldn't operate the clutch even with the seat all the way forward. Probably didn't help her much knowing that in her periphery was me in the passenger seat probably looking kinda terrified :eek: 🤪

panteradon

GT Owner
Sep 29, 2012
Congrats! How many miles does it have?
Joe
4800 miles

Tomcat

GT Owner
My one observation in my limited driving is that I would love to sit a bit higher. Being short 5’ 3” I feel even shorter in the car.
The previous owner of mine was also less tall...he had a couple of ~1" aluminum square tube/pipe that were bolted on to the seat rail and he said it made a difference. Also, I recall early less-tall owners would remove the windshield wipers to clear their sight line.
Ps-I too had a Pantera (for 35 years).

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
The previous owner of mine was also less tall...he had a couple of ~1" aluminum square tube/pipe that were bolted on to the seat rail and he said it made a difference. Also, I recall early less-tall owners would remove the windshield wipers to clear their sight line.
Ps-I too had a Pantera (for 35 years).
My short wife complains about the wipers too. She uses a stadium cushion for padding and height.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I think I'm plenty tall but still would prefer the wipers were out of view ... mainly cuz I like the view straight down to the road. But I live in 🌦️ Florida.

Submoose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 28, 2023
St. Louis, MO
Welcome and congrats, many miles of smiles to come!