In the market for an 06

lamboman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 14, 2006
Atlanta area
I’m watching the eBay sales. The record low price is $140K for a 2005 (Yellow with 1K miles).

Please take this with a large grain of salt but in general a Ford GT should go down in value from MSRP by around $2 per mile driven. A GT with 6K miles would be worth around $12K below MSRP. Once again, this is a ruff estimate and not more than that.

If you can find a GT for $130K, buy it unless it has over 10K miles.

Do you know the history of that car that sold for 140k with 1k miles? Some things are not as they seem, and this is the case on this sale.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think some of you members should look closely when I said $130 to 150,000as I was including 2nd hand cars in this price region, and I am simply stating what offers have been made to myself for cars, and I am sure some of them are not neglected cars, as some of you would like to think so. I was offered 3 cars yesterday from a 2005 to a 2006 brand new fully loaded prices ranging from $147,000 to $154,000, and I wll probably be buying one of these 3 when I decide what colour I prefer.

Is $154,000 > $150,000?

Rationalize whatever you want, as long as it gets you a car.

If you can find a solid car at $130,000, then by all means buy it. Difficult though, since it doesn't exist.

Your actions indicate that you may have come to realize that, and may be willing to pay market, even if it is above your stated range that you recommend to others.

Some of us are just trying to be realistic.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
The only price that matters in the price you paid. I just bought something at rock bottom well below market price, which was the seller's asking price, a price that was well below what I would offer if I really wanted the item, but they couple is going through a divorce and wanted cash NOW. I couldn't say no.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I think some of you members should look closely when I said $130 to 150,000as I was including 2nd hand cars in this price region, and I am simply stating what offers have been made to myself for cars, and I am sure some of them are not neglected cars, as some of you would like to think so. I was offered 3 cars yesterday from a 2005 to a 2006 brand new fully loaded prices ranging from $147,000 to $154,000, and I wll probably be buying one of these 3 when I decide what colour I prefer.

I am an immediate cash buyer for ANY color 2006, fully loaded (all four options) untitled, no mileage GT @ $147K. Bring it on. I'll even pay you a finders fee.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Start your own Ford dealership with that price, under dealer cost...

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Better add about 20K (not including tax, title and license fees)

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Start your own Ford dealership with that price, under dealer cost...

Agree. :cheers I seriously doubt Fordcapri's research results. :bs At those prices I will take as many as I can get and start my own GT dealership. :thumbsup

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I am an immediate cash buyer for ANY color 2006, fully loaded (all four options) untitled, no mileage GT @ $147K. Bring it on. I'll even pay you a finders fee.

Do you really want me to find you another GT? :lol

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I think we are starting to occasionally see a couple types of posters:

1) Dreamers, attempting to create data of pricing they would like to see, so they can convince themselves to purchase;
2) Opportunists, attempting to create a self fulfilling prophecy by producing invalid or inaccurate data, in an attempt to manipulate the market;

At least in the recent past, posters seemed to genuinely, albeit inaccurately, attempt to analyze the market. This latest attempt appears surprisingly void of any factual or rational data.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Do you really want me to find you another GT? :lol

Give me another week and then ask...:rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.

1) Dreamers, attempting to create data of pricing they would like to see, so they can convince themselves to purchase;
2) Opportunists, attempting to create a self fulfilling prophecy by producing invalid or inaccurate data, in an attempt to manipulate the market;

At least in the recent past, posters seemed to genuinely, albeit inaccurately, attempt to analyze the market. This latest attempt appears surprisingly void of any factual or rational data.

yup... that what I think, and then the bad nasty man from Florida starts playing poker and kills off another good thread... Bad Chris, Bad Chris:banana :cool :bang :tongue :bang :cool :banana

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I’m watching the eBay sales. The record low price is $140K for a 2005 (Yellow with 1K miles).

...But, what had the car GONE thru? What shape was it in? Or, was this a divorce situation wherein the car HAD to "go bye-bye"?

I can't see anybody getting a GT "for cheap" at this point it time unless there's some "distress" circumstance of some kind in play.

E.P.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
yup... that what I think, and then the bad nasty man from Florida starts playing poker and kills off another good thread... Bad Chris, Bad Chris:banana :cool :bang :tongue :bang :cool :banana

The poker play was perfect.

Much more efficient than me, I need to learn not to engage the trolls...

:eek

ddubb13

Aug 1, 2006
Washington
I bought a couple New fully loaded GT's for $155k around June-July, probably could fetch even better now. Let me know if you need help..PM me

cfra7

Feb 13, 2006
Rocklin, CA

The only reason I’m tracking completed sales data is because I’m considering a GT as a future purchase and I’m watching the market. I got the idea from the Ford GT selling prices web site which was one of the greatest web sites that I’ve ever seen. The creator is a member of this form. He was tracking the sales of new cars to show the price trends as the market for the GT matured. I’m doing a smaller version for the used market. I’m sure the dealers would have loved to have that site shut down because it saved GT owners lots of money. If you were a dealer I’m sure you would have done everything in your power to speak out against the site.

I know that no one wants to come to terms with the fact that as they drive their car it will depreciate. You seem exceptionally touchy about the issue. If there are people on this site that feel they the can still get over MSRP after putting a few thousand miles on their car, they are the dreamers and not me.

My data is taken from completed sales on EBay. Not an exact science but the best data available to me. Every time I post data you start with your warning of false data being posted to drive down the price of the cars. If you have better data please post it. I only made my statement as a rebuttal to the original post stating that he felt $130K Ford GTs were available.
I simply stated that the lowest price sale I’ve seen in the used Market was $140K. I then went on the state that based on completed sales; I was projecting a $2 per mile value drop in the cars. I even said; take this estimate with a BIG grain of SALT. Is that such a radical statement?

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Touchy? I don't even think my comments were directed at you. With perhaps the methodology of using non-completed ebay transactions as a basis for valuation, which speaks for itself, in terms of validity.

I do not work in the automotive industry, and cars are NOT an investment for me. I think we can all agree, they are generally depreciating assets, for the vast majority of buyers (non-speculators, non-collectors, non-dealers). Yes, WE ALL UNDERSTAND THAT CARS TEND TO GO DOWN IN VALUE.

I've driven 1,400 miles in my first month of ownership. I'm not selling my GT so it doesn't matter to me what you pay, or even if you ever buy one, and I've already bought my car, having done the proper research, and paying under MSRP for a brand new perfect 2006 GT, in the wrapper, 3 miles etc. I bought my GT to enjoy and drive. And of course, it will be cherished and protected. Good reliable information helps everyone. How do I handle depreciation? I use the darn thing, and enjoy it. The car costs me too much money (opportunity cost) to leave it sitting on a pedastal in the garage, even if I would earn a couple thousand more for having less mileage. I AGREE, MILEAGE TENDS TO DECREASE THE VALUE OF A CAR, to what extent, who knows? You propose $2 a mile, that's fine, who knows for sure.

Personally, I think CONDITION of a car is equally, if not more important, but again, I think we all agree that mileage does not help a car's value. Also there are other important valuation factors such as color, equipment, options, modifications, selling party, geographic location/environment. Your analysis in your recent post focused exclusively on mileage as the sole variable in valuation. I would simply propose that there are many variables on a used vehicle. I think you may be planning to add more of these other variables in your new chart, which is a step forward.

So, what is my SOLE ISSUE? Proliferation of worthless information.

There have been threads using non-completed ebay transactions (laughable), and threads using numbers and logic that just simply do not add up (anyone still looking for that mint $130,000 MY 2006 GT?). I feel that type of poor information is of limited use and doesn't bring any more owners to our site, just gives people unreasonable expectations.

I'm all for a good deal - I hope everyone gets their GT at the price they feel is appropriate. Proper research and information leads to the best negotiating power for us buyers, and allows for appropriate market expectations.

Do the transactions research, I certainly did. Just be sure to critically think about the source of the data, and what it truly represents. The better your data, the more helpful it will be to everyone. :thumbsup

I am looking forward to your new improved database. I'm glad that you are taking the time to listen to our concerns. I think we can all agree, that your initial attempt was a work in progress. I'm sure that many of us owners would love to buy a second GT, god, wife, and finances willing. Perhaps you will help us to do that. So, your task is undoubtedly noble - I was just worried about the steps you may have been taking.

Last edited:

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
My earlier comments were concerning new, untitled GTs, not used ones.

I agree with SYCO GT's sentiments. :cheers

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
me three :rofl

jrsjc

Mar 21, 2006
newport beach, CA
I have a 2006 tungsten with all options with 2500 miles on it. 150k and you can have it. I live in so. cal. Jim

red gt 1442

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 23, 2005
NY Metro Area
Hey, if we can get enough people from this site to buy up all the GT's...wouldn't we be able to control the market?.........