Ford GT Team History Yearbook Info

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
OK. Just so anyone has any questions. There were over 1,000 copies of this book made. Most employees who bought them bought two at a price of $60 each. Those of us who bought them at the rally paid $100 a copy. I was asked if the members would care if more were produced, but when they were sold to us, we were told that would be it. Some members believed it should be stuck to, and when I passed it on, the creators said no problem.

I just wanted to make clear that these will end up on eBay constantly as workers unload them. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that most employees who bought multiples bought them precisely to exploit perceived rarity amongst guys who paid a lot of money for a car. Over a dozen have been on eBay at this point. Several have been sold on this site.

They are worth whatever you are willing pay for them, but I feel people should be armed with this knowledge. Spamming via PM to sell this stuff won't be tolerated.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
Well Said!

H

HHGT

OK. Just so anyone has any questions. There were over 1,000 copies of this book made. Most employees who bought them bought two at a price of $60 each. Those of us who bought them at the rally paid $100 a copy. I was asked if the members would care if more were produced, but when they were sold to us, we were told that would be it. Some members believed it should be stuck to, and when I passed it on, the creators said no problem.

I just wanted to make clear that these will end up on eBay constantly as workers unload them. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that most employees who bought multiples bought them precisely to exploit perceived rarity amongst guys who paid a lot of money for a car. Over a dozen have been on eBay at this point. Several have been sold on this site.

They are worth whatever you are willing pay for them, but I feel people should be armed with this knowledge. Spamming via PM to sell this stuff won't be tolerated.

Hi Dave, it was good meeting you in Irvine...

Below is what was PM'd to me.

Attachments

• PM img..jpg
    PM img..jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 2,094

Shelby#18

GTX1 Owner/Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 15, 2006
Nev./So. Cal./Minn.
Thanks for looking out for those who don't know!

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Holy cow! Somebody uses the red background? :lol

H

HHGT

Give me a Heritage background and I'll use it...

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Give me a Heritage background and I'll use it...

Hmmm...That'll be hard to make look good, but what the hell...

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Hey, watch it, I resemble that remark!

Holy cow! Somebody uses the red background? :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I deleted the thread from Saleen Employee... here is my exchange with him...

My comments to him are below his reply to me...

Buy a membership?
Tell you what , you BUY me a Ford GT and Ill buy your membership. I am broke, did you read my thread? I dont have 180k to go throwing away on a car so I obviously dont have your membershit fee

I see someone selling some simliar items in the same section and their thread still exist which is obvious favortism.

Is this your final word on the situation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bony
Dear SaleenEmployee,

Reason: Spammed Advertisements
-------
I deleted your thread, your first post on this site is to sell something.
You want to profit from us, and you haven't brought anything to the table.
If you want to buy a membership and support us I would reconsider.
Thanks.
-------

H

HHGT

What is a MemberShit? :rofl

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
What is a MemberShit? :rofl

Just someone who thinks we tossed our money down the sxxt hole to buy a FGT, but is willing to take yours and mine. AxxHole who paid $60 for a book that I paid $100 for:confused

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Yea got the same one..I just pm'ed him back and said I had 2 of them as I bought them at the rally...pfft..hey they are unemployed most of them I don't blame them for doing anything to make it right now.

matt

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
His reply to Bony was not right no matter what his circumstances are.

GT Cindy

Aug 29, 2006
Home Town of Henry Ford
As a co-author of the Ford GT Team History Yearbook it is a shame that some former co-workers do not feel a greater sense of pride in the most outstanding endeavor of being a part of the Ford GT build team. I am extremely embarrassed for this individual’s behavior of PMing and soliciting those who belong to this board. It is one thing to sell items on eBay, but it another to beg for a sale!

Memories can’t be bought or sold.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
GT Cindy, thank you very much for your comment. Believe me when I say that any single person's actions does not taint how we feel about the fantastic job ya'll did on the Ford GT. Thank you.:thumbsup

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
GT Cindy, thank you very much for your comment. Believe me when I say that any single person's actions does not taint how we feel about the fantastic job ya'll did on the Ford GT. Thank you.:thumbsup

Thank you, so well said.

This is an open forum, everyone is welcome, and when someone contributes on a regular basis it is not a big deal when they put a link to an ebay sale,.. once in a rare while. But when someone just comes here to sell stuff that is not right. Even if they would take a membership at the lowest level, one could look the other way. Contributions are voluntary, except for commercial suppliers. Just my two cents. I am sure not everyone agrees, but hey, I have the delete button today.:lol

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I want to make it clear, I don't have a problem with people selling these. People move on from their jobs. Not a big deal. I just saw the email response Bony got and once you take a tone with the crew, that's it for me.

Though I know the $25 is alot to ask when you're going to be selling something for at least 700 bucks that you may not sell at all without the members of this site...

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
ALL I KNOW IS , THANKS GT TEAM FOR PRODUCING THE BOOK, THANKS DBK FOR SETTING IT ALL UP WITH FRED, THE BOOK HAS SOOOO MUCH INSIGHT, IT WOULD TAKE A DOCUMENTARY TEAM 10 YEARS TO PRODUCE. AND 10 MILLION DOLLARS TO PRODUCE. 10,20 ,100 BUCKS WHO CARES, ALOT OF THE GT VETERANS ARE HURTING, I THINK WE ALL KNOW WHEN A PROFIT TURNS TO RAPING,A GT BUDDY, . BUT AT 100/200 WHO CARES. NOW IVE GOT A SPECIAL ONE , THE FIRST 13,500 DOLLARS TAKES IT:biggrin . ENJOY GTJOEY 1314 AND LOVING MY HARMINICALLY SEALED GT BOOKS, SSSSSSS, AHH!! STILL SMELLS BRAND NEW.....:thumbsup

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
...AND LOVING MY HARMINICALLY SEALED GT BOOKS...

I believe the word you are looking for is "hermetically"....:lol

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
THANK YOU MY FRIEND, ALWAYS .... GTJOEY 1314:thumbsup