Ford GT-esque Vehicles recommendation

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Flat plane crankshaft is not a torque monster but its lighter weight and quick responsiveness makes it better on the track.
Which is a place 99% of Ferraris never go.....so why not buy a better road car?

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Which is a place 99% of Ferraris never go.....so why not buy a better road car?
Better car is subjective. Engine responsivness, weight, technology, material, sound, etc. are usually considered as well, not just torque numbers. I believe a lot of the Speciale, Scuderia, Corsa, etc. versions do get tracked and more frequently than imagined.

Reactions: white out

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Better car is subjective. Engine responsivness, weight, technology, material, sound, etc. are usually considered as well, not just torque numbers. I believe a lot of the Speciale, Scuderia, Corsa, etc. versions do get tracked and more frequently than imagined.

Of course, different strokes and all that....but the title of the thread is finding a Ford GT-esque car, a torque monster. A high revving, low torque delicate car in an automatic is the opposite of that.

And I would speculate that the track special cars you call out (though have no idea what a Corsa is....what is that?) would be tracked much less because of the value differences associated with them. The price difference between a 458 and Speciale more than buys a GT3 that might actually get track time.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Can't wait to hear what you next car is. Mine will likely be a Miata but dang, what color!?

Reactions: dshears

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Honestly in this economy, I might as well go for Miata or s2k 😭

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
If you want pure fun
A HELM E TYPE
I just cant do restomods

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Then rule out Singers too.

Tomcat

GT Owner
Then rule out Singers too.
and Gunther Werks

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
When you see a particular car that excites you
You will know!

Reactions: drilling and Simon

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Honestly in this economy, I might as well go for Miata or s2k 😭
If pure driving fun you're after, the Miata is hard to beat. A Beck 550 is close second.

Reactions: drilling

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Speaking of Miatas: I was at the autocross track today running my 1973 911. A handful of Miatas of various years also participated. Several were modified with suspension tweaks and sticky tires but pretty much stock engines. They didn't give up much time to the top-of-the-line Porsches. If I didn't already have a light analog sports car, I would be looking for a Miata. They are hard to beat as a small fun-to-drive car, regardless of price. The fact that they are inexpensive, and parts are available anywhere, are icing on the cake.

Reactions: twobjshelbys

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I was offerred a 458 speciale. Any opinions on this car. Definitely not on Carrera GT or XJR level (sorry i am obsessed 😈)
Best friend has a Speciale and I have quite a bit of seat time ... I would sell my FGT for a Speciale if a no stripe white/silver car popped up. It is the best driving modern era car hands down. Speciale is not the fastest, but more responsive than a GT3RS and still makes drama out of it. It somehow makes you feel at one with the dual clutch and since there is no carpet or sound proofing you get to hear everything happening and the exhaust note is wonderful.

CGT is at another level though. Another friend has one and nothing else is like it.

If the Speciale is a car to hold you over for the CGT, do it. If it is to get instead of the CGT, I would wait for a CGT.

GTinTN

GT Owner
Jan 17, 2019
Brentwood, TN
Consider a Pantera? Mid-engine, Ford engine, Italian body...

Reactions: twobjshelbys