Ford GT-esque Vehicles recommendation

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
How about A Bugatti EB110 or a Spyker C8 :)
How did I miss it! Eb110 is the best looking bugatti.

Reactions: Hydra GT

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I've owned two CGT's...sold first one to buy real estate...like the 05/06 FGT...if you sell one...most likely you'll be back.
Currently have a guards red 05 CGT with 10k miles...sweet spot where it's not so low mileage that it wont get driven.
It is probably one of the best sounding cars of all time. A great mate with my 05 FGT. Both analog, stick cars, with minimal or no electronic nannies. Both can kill you if you are careless and heavy footed. With new Ohlin's and modern tires, both cars have improved ride and handling.
The CGT has a carbon tub like the Enzo from it's era, while the FGT has a very stiff aluminum chassis.
Other car in that time frame is the NSX. I have a 91 NSX that is a blast to drive despite only 270 hp. One of the best handling cars of that era. Very direct and unassisted steering. With the pop up headlamps, it still looks like its out of the future.
As for 911's... The last manual RS is the 997 GT3RS 4.0. Last Mezger engine. Numbered series car that's iconic. In your price range.
If you are into V10's... the other option is an LFA. Also in your price range but a paddle shift car. I'd say it actually sounds just a bit better than a CGT.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
The LFA just looks too much like a ... Lexus. To me at least.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The LFA just looks too much like a ... Lexus. To me at least.
That’s the beauty of it. Rarely do fanboys roll up on you, wanting to race etc. True aficionados know what it is… the rest of the world thinks it‘s an LC500.

Reactions: Stef and drilling

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Shelby series 1

Reactions: drilling

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
I tried really hard to love LFA but it is too ugly and its only saving grace is v10 engine.

NSX is beautiful. Actually looking for one at the moment as well.

Unrelated but are jags just horrible cars? I really want one but everyone is telling me not to 😂

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Jags are beautiful cars. They are not reliable or low maintenance cars. How much bitchiness are you willing to tolerate for beauty?

Tomcat

GT Owner
NSX is beautiful. Actually looking for one at the moment as well.
Don't shy away from a CompTech supercharger. They were CARB certified, factory-authorized, dealer-installed options. AND Gordon Murray benchmarked the McLaren F1 with his own NSX.

Attachments

• Sharpe no logo NSX C&C rain.jpg
    Sharpe no logo NSX C&C rain.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
Jags are beautiful cars. They are not reliable or low maintenance cars. How much bitchiness are you willing to tolerate for beauty?
Some girls are worth it and some aint.

I think its a beautiful car. Sadly there is no following and only 50 made so I can see that parts/maintenance will be a pain. Cgt on the other hand has a loyal following which makes it easier.

Reactions: white out

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I’ve been known to “daily” my CGT…

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
CGT is hard to beat.

Some options:
Murcielago LP640 - manual
Diablo SV / SE30
512M - looks cool, has some weak driveline issues
XJ220 - assuming you are passing on this since XJR15, but honorable mention
EB110
Saleen S7 twin turbo - kit car'y build quality, but has a hell of a presence

Not meeting all of your criteria:
997.2 GT3RS4.0 or GT2RS - supercar in the Porsche world, great chassis & driveline
Murcielago SV - very special car, feels much different than LP640
360 CS - not quick, but inundated in sounds/feel
16M - add exhaust & headers for the highest of pitched exhaust notes
458 Speciale - the most responsive car, n/a, the only dual clutch that you can feel/hear
F40
Veyron

drilling

GT Owner
Sep 13, 2018
CGT is hard to beat.

Some options:
Murcielago LP640 - manual - overvalued in my opinion.
Diablo SV / SE30 - same. I would like GT
512M - looks cool, has some weak driveline issues
XJ220 - assuming you are passing on this since XJR15, but honorable mention - 6 cylinder is its biggest weakness
EB110
Saleen S7 twin turbo - kit car'y build quality, but has a hell of a presence

Not meeting all of your criteria:
997.2 GT3RS4.0 or GT2RS - supercar in the Porsche world, great chassis & driveline - I had 3rs. It was a great car but road presence was not even close to a ford gt
Murcielago SV - very special car, feels much different than LP640
360 CS - not quick, but inundated in sounds/feel
16M - add exhaust & headers for the highest of pitched exhaust notes
458 Speciale - the most responsive car, n/a, the only dual clutch that you can feel/hear
F40 - outta my price range 😭
959 - same
Veyron - always thought it looked hideous.

Your feedback is awesome. I guess CGT it is. I might lean for a jag if one comes out for sale under 900k.

Reactions: white out

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Almost any $1+ million car is going to have the performance aspect pretty much covered. That leaves drivability, "livability", and aesthetics. If I spend a million on a car I'd want it to be a joy to drive, easy to live with, and it better look drop dead gorgeous. I don't want it to look like a million other cars. The last point pretty much excludes Porsche from my short list. But the XJ220 would be included in it.

1725348890064.png