2005 Blue with Strip and 640 RWHP

PHXGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
I had the F430 before the GT. You are going to be disappointed. Don't sell the GT until you drive the F430 for a month.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
My buddy has a 430 Spider. It was pretty fast but not GT fast. I am getting F430 challange stradale this summer so I wont even has the Spider for that long to drive.

TheCreditMan

Feb 19, 2006
Midwest
My buddy has a 430 Spider. It was pretty fast but not GT fast. I am getting F430 challange stradale this summer so I wont even has the Spider for that long to drive.

What dealer is promising you a 430 Challenge Stradale this summer? Ferrari has not even announced they will build the car.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
What dealer is promising you a 430 Challenge Stradale this summer? Ferrari has not even announced they will build the car.

It is announced just not public yet. There are pics all over the net of them already in testing at the Ferrari Factory and test track. It has 530 hp and will be under 3000 lbs.

Not trying to brag about getting one. But just saying I wont have the spider that long to care about the loss in power over the GT. I am sure the Stradale with be just as fast since it will weigh 500lbs less then the GT.

TheCreditMan

Feb 19, 2006
Midwest
It is announced just not public yet. There are pics all over the net of them already in testing at the Ferrari Factory and test track. It has 530 hp and will be under 3000 lbs.

Not trying to brag about getting one. But just saying I wont have the spider that long to care about the loss in power over the GT. I am sure the Stradale with be just as fast since it will weigh 500lbs less then the GT.

Yeah, I know it has not been announced to the public yet. I know about the pictures too. What I was asking is what dealer has promised you a car this summer?

I have a long time relationship with my Ferrari dealer and even their best customers are not being promised cars. Go post over in the Ferrari forum and and ask anyone whether they are getting a car this summer; and I doubt anyone will say they are.

Hey man, if you really are getting one this summer, more power to you, but I doubt it.

BTW, I still think the stock Ford GT will be faster as Ferrari tends to exagerate H.P. numbers. I'm looking to unload my 430 Coupe and try to work a partial trade for a Ford GT. Can't wait!!

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Yeah, I know it has not been announced to the public yet. I know about the pictures too. What I was asking is what dealer has promised you a car this summer?

I have a long time relationship with my Ferrari dealer and even their best customers are not being promised cars. Go post over in the Ferrari forum and and ask anyone whether they are getting a car this summer; and I doubt anyone will say they are.

Hey man, if you really are getting one this summer, more power to you, but I doubt it.

BTW, I still think the stock Ford GT will be faster as Ferrari tends to exagerate H.P. numbers. I'm looking to unload my 430 Coupe and try to work a partial trade for a Ford GT. Can't wait!!
Welcome to the forum.
I see no reason to question a valued owner of a GT when he shares what he has coming.

This forum operates at a higher level,, more respectful, friendly than the forum you mentioned.

Hope you get your FGT and enjoy this place!

Bony
559 246 7943

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
This forum operates at a higher level,, more respectful, friendly than the forum you mentioned.

I speak with a "great level of experience" when I say that this forum is vastly different than "the forum you mentioned". This also happens to be one of the many reasons I own a Ford GT. I have an extremely stong opinion about this, and I could explain my experiences, but because I respect the format and tone of this forum, I will not. Enough said. Please understand, this is just my personal strong opinion, so please don't reply with lots of posts bashing another forum.

Last edited:

TheCreditMan

Feb 19, 2006
Midwest
Welcome to the forum.
I see no reason to question a valued owner of a GT when he shares what he has coming.

Hope you get your FGT and enjoy this place!

Bony
559 246 7943

Bony, point taken. I think you can question some one in a respectul tone as I tried to do. Hey, I hope he gets the car!

There are some Ferrari Dealers who take deposits for cars they KNOW will never get to the customer. I'm a little fed up with the dealers and games that are being played with Ferraris.

I have been lurking for some time on this Forum and I am really impressed with everyone and how helpful they are...seems to be more of a "team" atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I have made some great friends in the "other forum".

Thanks!

P.S. This is the 430 (the black one). It's a six speed I purchased new. It hasy 2100 miles. It's an 06.

Attachments

• 430 and Turbo Side By Side.JPG
    430 and Turbo Side By Side.JPG
    87.3 KB · Views: 296

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I must say I love this forum hands down. It is a great place to read and learn new stuff about our great cars. For now my Stradle will just be all talk until I get it. Most dealers will not put you on the list becuase they want to flip them first hand. But I do know myself and one other person that is confirmed with #1 and #2. The guy that is #1 is also getting a 599 in late summer early fall this year. That might sounds even more crazy to you.

I really wish I could keep my gt and stick with it. But I have been on the wait list for long that I cant pass on it and loose my spot at sticker.

I am about 75% close to keeping the GT and getting the F430.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Bony, point taken. I think you can question some one in a respectul tone as I tried to do. Hey, I hope he gets the car!

There are some Ferrari Dealers who take deposits for cars they KNOW will never get to the customer. I'm a little fed up with the dealers and games that are being played with Ferraris.

I have been lurking for some time on this Forum and I am really impressed with everyone and how helpful they are...seems to be more of a "team" atmosphere. Don't get me wrong, I have made some great friends in the "other forum".

Thanks!

P.S. This is the 430 (the black one). It's a six speed I purchased new. It hasy 2100 miles. It's an 06.

Welcome again, just trying to do my best to develop friendships among us all. Doesn't take much to tilt things on the internet, I am sure you have seen it happen 'over there'. Beautiful cars, I am an F car owner and super fan.
Stick around, more a cold one and enjoy this place.:banana

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I am about 75% close to keeping the GT and getting the F430.

well, damnit, what does it take to get the other 25% done? We don't want that beauty to change hands:biggrin

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
well, damnit, what does it take to get the other 25% done? We don't want that beauty to change hands:biggrin

That is up to the BIG BOSS (WIFE)

ddubb13

Aug 1, 2006
Washington
car still for sale dave?

MG0427

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 20, 2006
Central Florida
man your car is hot, I can't stop looking at it. I wish I could take it off your hands.

MG

dougnshari

GT Owner
Dec 6, 2006
Derby, KS
Decals for brake calipers

I called and emailed sticker city and they said they do not have these decals for the brake calipers. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Doug 316-788-5967, Derby, KS. 67037. :confused

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
I called and emailed sticker city and they said they do not have these decals for the brake calipers. Can anyone help me? Thanks. Doug 316-788-5967, Derby, KS. 67037. :confused

Did you ask for andy?

Did you tell them they did a Blue GT with the stickers?

racegirl

Dave,

You should bring the GT to super car sunday march 25 i am trying to talk my dad into bringing ours there was a greatt turn out last time. BTW those are probably the coolest rims ive seen on a GT so far I LOVE THEM!!!!!

Lindsey

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Dave,

You should bring the GT to super car sunday march 25 i am trying to talk my dad into bringing ours there was a greatt turn out last time. BTW those are probably the coolest rims ive seen on a GT so far I LOVE THEM!!!!!

Lindsey

I think the car will be sold by then. But if not they I will try to make it.

BJ Motor

*Supporting Vendor*
Jan 15, 2007
Manakin Sabot, Virginia
PM and E-Mail Sent

Dave I have sent you and e-mail after our conversation today.

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
Car should be sold by monday. A ford dealership in N.C. is buying the car at my asking price.

I am sad already. I loved this car. I always wanted to by a Gulf GT from the start. So after I move into my new house then I can go and search for a Gulf. I am sure to do all the same mods and wheels + the whipple. The car pulled the most looks and drove the best out of all the cars I have owed.

I will stay active on the boards as it is the best one around. I just laugh when I see some other boards and people fight and judge what every one else is doing. This is a 1st class boad all the way.

First
On
Race
Day