Tracking Ebay GT sales

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Great, another "Hey look my car is worth more now thread".

Drive and enjoy your car, not what it's worth in $$$$.

lol

I agree.

I have now put more mileage on my GT than the original owner, to which I say, sucks for them.

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
I'm officially 'over' the compulsion to accept the enthusiasm that the Ford GT is the greatest driver's exotic of all time... from those who's "driving" consists of looking at it in the garage. Mine has 33k miles. Runs, drives, looks fantastic.

Drove it 2 hours 2 weekends back. Great trip car. Taking it to Walter Mitty challenge in 2 weeks (400 miles round trip). Makes no difference. Tons of thumbs up, friendly conversations at every stop.

Love that some prefer to preserve. Glad that helps the value of the car. Glad also that some get to enjoy the experience afforded by one of the best driving cars ever. If it stays the same or goes up in value, that's a bonus.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Post a pic if that Pantera & BBi

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Post a pic if that Pantera & BBi
Here's a thoroughly rotten one of them inside. I think I'd just mopped the floor and was more proud of it! That's the BBi's nose I'm looking over.
pantera GT in garage.jpg

Couple better ones outdoors. I'm a big Pantera fan, have been for years, pretty much inspired the GT lust...

Pantera on bricks.jpg
BBi after service, front, higher.jpg

Hagerty used the Pantera shot in an article about the cars. My 15 seconds of fame. Okay, back to the topic! Thanks for allowing the detour...

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
Here's a thoroughly rotten one of them inside. I think I'd just mopped the floor and was more proud of it! That's the BBi's nose I'm looking over.
View attachment 28569

Couple better ones outdoors. I'm a big Pantera fan, have been for years, pretty much inspired the GT lust...

View attachment 28570
View attachment 28571

Hagerty used the Pantera shot in an article about the cars. My 15 seconds of fame. Okay, back to the topic! Thanks for allowing the detour...
Think I see a NSX's nose sticking out too!!!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Wow !

Never seen that British racing green on a Pantera...sharp

Ever consider getting Mangusta?

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Happy, and increasingly rare, side benefit. I wouldn't give you any hassle because I know you are part of the fraternity of us nutbags that actually pound our cars, but I do get a laugh when I see dudes with 3-4k miles in 8 years of ownership proselytizing "who cares what it's worth, just drive it!" Yeah man, those 400 miles you racked up to and from the parking lot poser picnics this year must have been nuts! :lol

hey Watch it! I sometimes even drive mine on wed!

AHudson

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2009
Alabama
Happy, and increasingly rare, side benefit. I wouldn't give you any hassle because I know you are part of the fraternity of us nutbags that actually pound our cars, but I do get a laugh when I see dudes with 3-4k miles in 8 years of ownership proselytizing "who cares what it's worth, just drive it!" Yeah man, those 400 miles you racked up to and from the parking lot poser picnics this year must have been nuts! :lol

Actually missed this, but obviously agree. :) Yep, two sides of the fortunately same fence. Love the driving and appreciate either version of appreciation.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Actually missed this, but obviously agree. :) Yep, two sides of the fortunately same fence. Love the driving and appreciate either version of appreciation.
Well said. We all own, drive and appreciate this great car for different reasons . From what I saw at last years rally a very diverse group of individuals willing to share knowledge with the common thread of the Ford GT. A very fortunate group to own the GT for whatever our reason.

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Beautiful Pantera. Hard to believe that design is 40+ years old. Pretty timeless in its elegant simplicity.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Beautiful Pantera. Hard to believe that design is 40+ years old. Pretty timeless in its elegant simplicity.

Agreed, +1. Clean lines always tend to age well.

That is a very very nice Pantera!

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California

Agreed, +1. Clean lines always tend to age well.

That is a very very nice Pantera!

:agree:

FGTs and Panteras are on the top of my list, but I only own one of them. :(

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
512bb and Pantera...........two designs that never get tired. Never.

Kayvan; I hope your are not springing for NOS parts in wax paper and wood shavings. :frown

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Here's an outlier, price and mileage-wise.

http://www.unlimited-autosales.com/inventory/2006-ford-gt-tungsten

Even at 32K miles, that's an awfully low price. Anyone know anything about it? If it's really clean, then it would be a GREAT buy for someone.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
That is a price you'd see on salvage car... Pull a carfax and see what it says (contrary to what the ad says). If it is clean that's a steal and it sure won't last long.

Being in Fargo, ND might have something to do with it :)

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Scammers. As you said, if it looks like it's too good to be true....

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...aw-car-posted-sale-wondering-if-its-scam.html

A bit relieved. Didn't want to see the market tanking a few months after I paid top dollar.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
No way that's NOT a scam...everything on their site being sold for well under market? I don't think so...

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"Rachel" was scamming other high end cars on EBAY in the past. I seem to remember a link on this forum about her, but can't find it.

Last edited:

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
BTW, the Green Pantera behind the Tungsten GT in the dubious ad is the scam giveaway. How is we're talking about a fellow GT owner's green Pantera, and some obscure dealer in Fargo (?) has a Tungsten GT AND a green Pantera?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Ha! Google map the address!!!

Call them and tell them you'll be there tomorrow afternoon with cash and someone to do a PPI and see what they say.