Theft Warning!

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
The nuke is overkill, just think of the collateral damage. I was thinking more in line with a long distance surgical weapon, like at .50 BMG, or a .338 Lapua.

Is ammo available for the 23mm A/T?

We had a collection of 25mm spent casings and would reload using pulled rounds from the 25mm Bushmaster Chain gun on the Bradley. Only down side was the $ 200 Dest/Dev tax per round. That was why we sleeved it for a 50cal. Much cheaper to shoot, but not quite as much fun.

timcantwell

Le Mans 2010 Sponsor * Moderator
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 22, 2006
N.E. OH & Naples, FL
Tim, how 'bout some details on the fast thinking? What happened?

mardyn

Sorry for the late post. But here's the story. I was attempting to gas up my nearly empty car at a really bad BP station in downtown Detroit. The station turned out to be shut down after I stopped, got out, and put the fuel hose in the tank. This druggy, "down and outer" approached me, asked me repeatedly to give him money for a bus fare. I know not to engage these guys from my experience working inner city as a former police officer, so I ignored him. That just pissed him off, he came at me nearly screaming "I need some money man!" Rather than engaging in either physical or verbal contact, I simply began speaking German to the guy. It totally threw him off as he attempted to figure out what the hell I this crazy foreigner was saying to him. I then told him Auf Wiefersehen with a broad smile, and hopped in the car and drove off as fast as possible.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
... I simply began speaking German to the guy.

Damn Tim. Add that to the list...Ich kann Deutsches auch sprechen. Aber nur ein bissen...

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
Sorry for the late post. But here's the story. I was attempting to gas up my nearly empty car at a really bad BP station in downtown Detroit. The station turned out to be shut down after I stopped, got out, and put the fuel hose in the tank. This druggy, "down and outer" approached me, asked me repeatedly to give him money for a bus fare. I know not to engage these guys from my experience working inner city as a former police officer, so I ignored him. That just pissed him off, he came at me nearly screaming "I need some money man!" Rather than engaging in either physical or verbal contact, I simply began speaking German to the guy. It totally threw him off as he attempted to figure out what the hell I this crazy foreigner was saying to him. I then told him Auf Wiefersehen with a broad smile, and hopped in the car and drove off as fast as possible.

lol, thats pretty funny. when bums ask me for $$$ i tell them that i am living on credit.

mardyn

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2005
Beautiful East Texas
Man, that was some quick thinkin'.... Great story!:thumbsup

mardyn

Sadistic

Jan 10, 2007
lol, thats pretty funny. when bums ask me for $$$ i tell them that i am living on credit.

Is that the truth?