Texas World Speedway Information

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
For you guys that are signed up to run the Texas World event you are going to love it as the track is a great layout. I am pretty sure I am not going to be able to do the track day due to my surgery, but I plan on being there to watch. If anyone needs it I have a Bell Vortex helmet, size small I would be glad to let anyone borrow so just pm me if you need it. I also have a Sparco driving suit if you want to look really cool ! ha ha
See everyone there

Steve

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Your a good guy!!

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
Texas World Speedway's website states SA95 or better. DBK post with tech sheet says SA-2000 or newer.

I have an SA95, and dont track much any more, hence the older helmet. Must I purchase an SA-2000 to be able to get on the track?

Jack

Jack, is this the info your referring to?

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/performance-driving/i-wanna-drive.html

I notice it mentions the "M" rated helmets as well.

Jeff

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Jack, is this the info your referring to?

http://www.texasworldspeedway.com/performance-driving/i-wanna-drive.html

I notice it mentions the "M" rated helmets as well.

Jeff

Yes it is. I looked at the site when the Rally info was posted and was surprised to see the update/new info that DBK posted.
Jack

Cyclenirvana

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 7, 2006
Winston-Salem, NC
Dave, I might have missed this but how many run groups will we have? Beginner, intermediate, advanced? When available, I definitely want to utilize some experienced coaching...and I suspect that some of the more experienced track junkies (e.g. Ed Sims) might be available as well??? Based on the number of track events I have attended, most would classify me as intermediate...but this is a new track with new potential hazards. What will be different for me than any other track event I have attended is having people very experienced with the Ford GT! I have always been the only attendee with a Ford GT, and none of my instructors had any significant experience driving it!!
Should be a fantastic event.:banana

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Nirvana, best advice you'll ever hear - don't trust Special Ed, especially if he's with StormCat.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I used to run on this track back in the late 80's with a Porsche. It is a total blast. Plenty of run off areas if you screw up. Fun, challenging and safe.

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Happy to say we've added Tom Reichenbach to the roster. Tom will be able to get away from his new gig in California designing the automotive future to help teach us how to drive at TWS. Woo hoo!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
OK, We are looking for a few good men!
We need qualified high performance driving instructors .If you are an instructor with a car club , Skip Barber, Jim Russell ,P.C.A.,nationally certified ,BMW, or NASA.WE WANT YOU !! ! Please pm or email me .
I need about 8 more instructors .Please take this seriously This is a big responsibility.QUALIFIED ONLY NEED APPLY.
Thank you ,Ron aka Roketman

For those signed up for the track event ;PLEASE,PLEASE WATCH THE IN CAR VIDEO AS MANY TIMES AS YOU CAN TILL YOU FEEL YOU CAN DRIVE IT IN YOUR HEAD !!!!
Proper preparation of your mind and car are of the up most importance .
Thank you!
Get ready to have the most fun you can have with your clothes on !!
YEEHA!!

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
Hi Rocketman,

I just went to Thunderhill Raceway in N. Calif, so I could try my whipple and other recent upgrades, one time on the track before the Rally. I watched the track video about three times because it was a year since I had been to the track. During the driver meeting, we found out we were going the opposite direction. It was a completely different track this way.

I think good advice to mentally prepare.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I currently have 6 point harnesses installed in both driver and passenger seats.

Just curious if instructors favor using the 6 point harnesses when they get into our cars for lap instruction, or if the factory belt is fine.

I ask in advance, so I know how to better set the car up on Track day.

On other events, I've had instructors jump in the car and just use the factory 3 point, so I am curious. Thanks for any tips or guesses.