Shadowman and the First Retail Ford GT Sold

Aug 25, 2006
However, I am certain, #400167, the one on ebay, is the one Shadowman is referring to, that started this post.

It is Ron Pratte's GT.

Ron Pratte has a huge exclusive collection.

I am sure it is something of meaning, first something.

Probably the "first" to get dusted in the garage.

In the big picture, its not mine.

So,does it really matter?

See what you started Shadowman. :willy

lol.

I did good ......

You are correct that it is/was Ron Pratte's gal.

Now as I shared earlier; the gal had no interest to me and yet I found the presentation for sale interesting.

It was in fact solicited to a friend of mine as the first retail sale of a Ford GT and originally sold at Barrett with Ford’s support and with her comes a letter signed by Ford and Barrett. Now I can also share that we ran her vin through Oasis and while looking at the service history many questions arose.

I questioned it however felt the letter being presented with her was enough to at the very least open a thread and see how the cards fell.

IMO this gal was purchased at Barrett at a premium based on a certain understanding however as with many gals that roll across an auction block; “Buyer Beware”

Takes care

Shadowman

dbackg

dbackg
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 28, 2009
Tempe, AZ
I did good ......

You are correct that it is/was Ron Pratte's gal.

Now as I shared earlier; the gal had no interest to me and yet I found the presentation for sale interesting.

It was in fact solicited to a friend of mine as the first retail sale of a Ford GT and originally sold at Barrett with Ford’s support and with her comes a letter signed by Ford and Barrett. Now I can also share that we ran her vin through Oasis and while looking at the service history many questions arose.

I questioned it however felt the letter being presented with her was enough to at the very least open a thread and see how the cards fell.

IMO this gal was purchased at Barrett at a premium based on a certain understanding however as with many gals that roll across an auction block; “Buyer Beware”

Takes care

Shadowman

Probably why Pratte is selling.

Out of his entire collection, Pratte only owned two of one particular model.

The Ford GT.

This FGT too was offered to a friend of mine. He inspected the vehicle at Pratte's "museum".

The exact same thing was told to him.

Aug 25, 2006
Probably why Pratte is selling.

Out of his entire collection, Pratte only owned two of one particular model.

The Ford GT.

This FGT too was offered to a friend of mine. He inspected the vehicle at Pratte's "museum".

The exact same thing was told to him.

Then I would have to speculate that this is why Ron Pratte is no longer selling the gal himself but rather he has already sold it locally to a dealer and now have given them the responsibility associated with such a solicitation.

As such IMO this is simply a wonderful gal with very low miles; the replacement billet control arms were installed, the engine was checked per the TSB for the rear main seal seal leak and passed without needing a Speedy Sleeve, etc.

Takes care

Shadowman