Parts Shortage

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
True, I know parts from this car came from all over the world.
My question is can you buy the same part directly from these vendors as Ford? Or are there certain parts that are used on other applications...not just the GT? It would seem any parts marked with a Ford part number on it couldn't be purchased directly from the source. :confused

I can't answer that one, my suppliers are all Ford / Motorcraft based.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
I can't answer that one, my suppliers are all Ford / Motorcraft based.

That's the spirit !!!! :usa :usa :usa

Aug 25, 2006
My boost guage went out about 60 days ago. I went to the dealer and they ordered a replacement. About ten days later the replacement came in. It was damaged. The mechanic told me that this is not the first time they have sent GT specific parts without adequate padding when shipping.

They ordered another one that day. There is not one to be had anywhere. The mechanic also had a hard time finding a speedometer for another car.

I told him that I thought that we had a ten year supply of parts. He told me that it is more like three or four.

We need to get a list together if we can of all of the various manufacturers of parts for our cars. It is only going to get worse.

I have an OEM boost gauage if needed

Takes care

Shadowman

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida

Takes care

Shadowman

Ah Bill kicks in and saves the day !

snaproll

GT Owner
Dec 3, 2006
Naples, FL
Don't worry . . . it will get better after the bankruptcy :eek

Kind of reminds me of the Cobra R parts. Some of that stuff is worth its weight in gold.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Don't worry . . . it will get better after the bankruptcy :eek

Kind of reminds me of the Cobra R parts. Some of that stuff is worth its weight in gold.

Good lord that stuff was hard to track when that vehicle was in production.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Better winning odds playing the ponies. I mean I could be chasing my tail all day long ordering several parts that I may need in the future, but then the one part that breaks, I won't have and be on back order :rofl

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX

Takes care

Shadowman

My Ford dealer needs it to do a warranty repair on my car. I'll check with them to see if they can buy it from you and get reimbursed by Ford.

Is it a new part?

Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
We are the professional art company and direct supplier. Why we welcome really wholesaler. Because We are direct oil painting supploer. We already have hundreds of satisfied customers and wholesale partner in the world. Our successful partners include catalog and mail order companies, retail chains, photographers, photo processing labs, custom framing stores, fine art galleries, gift stores and so on. If you want to Wholesale oil painting, oil Painting from photo, watercolor, pencil, pastel drawing . Please contact us. Our email is fangdgn@yahoo.com.cn , You will get a very good discount. We guarantee price is the best. Contact our export department with your order detail. (please remember to note the reference numbers of the paintings, quality, sizes and quantities.) We will prepare a quotation, including shipping costs and delivery dates to you by return. We will also advise you of all the payment methods available.

WTF is this? If you can't find GT parts for us then go away!!! I think many have been edited and/or banned for much less.

Fubar

Totally ****** Up
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
All the extra parts went here... good luck eBay bidders.

wreck5.jpg

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
Awful to see one of 'our' cars like that.

Are those the new A arms?

(Just kiddin') :wink

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Oh my eyes !

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006

Takes care

Shadowman

Billy's rat hole comes through again!:thumbsup:lol

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I was supposed to have my driver's side headlight replaced this Monday for fogging. My warranty runs out in December. None to be found.

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
Some of the parts shortages can be attributed to the Mustang/Lightning crowd, etc.

Up to a year or so ago, anyone could go to Ford and buy GT parts for whatever reason. I was one of them looking for intercooler/head parts for my Cobra R. Since until the GT500 came along. The GT was the only other source for certain parts, ie engine block, cranks, heads, etc. SVT had nothing for the Cobra R crowd,.

JDM among other tuning shops were buying up GT blocks left and right and doing Teksid - Alum block conversions. The blocks were cheap at $ 4000 or so.

But as parts started disappearing from the shelves, and Ford figured out that warranty issues could ensue, a lot of GT specific parts were put on allocation only.

It seems to me that alot of parts, such as lights must have been used somewhere else, IE Aston Martin and maybe sourced from there ? I cannot imagine that Ford built the GT completely from the ground up with all brand new parts.

In any event, I never did grab any GT parts for my Cobra R, so don't blame me. But we did have the sme issue with the Rs thru the years. I still can't get a lot of R unique parts to this day. :)

Good luck guys, I'm sure Ford will the right thing.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I am currently waiting (one month so far) on some interior hvac components.

What exactly AC vents ?

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
And this isn't "in my perspective" as big of a conspiracy as some may think.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
What exactly AC vents ?

My 06 mustang vert with upgraded interior has the exact vents as my GT.

Anyone still at Saleen know where the parts are sourced? From the Rally I tour I figured that the only "Ford" parts might be the heads, valve covers, ac vents, and door handles. I toured SVT at the Centenial. Rousch designed the block/sump/intake.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Look at what the brown truck dropped off today

Attachments

• DSC05801.jpg
    DSC05801.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 189

Silverbullitt

GT Owner