New Member Dyno Sheet

satx

Aug 25, 2005
Dana Point
Ford probably puts a relatively conservative tune from the factory due to warrantee concerns etc.. Just as on other supercharged mod motor Ford vehicles, they leave a little HP on the table from the factory.

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
Guys I'm a bit su****ious too, and I can't defend beyond what we know :

1. Ignition timing from the factory is designed for 91 octane, the dyno runs were with 93 octane ... allowing for some possible timing advance.

2. The air/fuel ratios in the two dyno runs are virtually identical.

Maybe an interesting question to ask is this : what could have the reflash modified, beyond ignition timing and injector duty cycles (i.e., fuel maps)? And I'm ruling out any injector control changes ... not because the system is in closed-loop, I'm sure the WOT dyno run is open-loop ... but because the measured air/fuel is unchanged.

What else could the reflash possibly modify?

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
on the chart you can see the phone number and you can ask the guy who owns the shop

his name is tony

i am sure he could explain what i sgoing on in quite a detail

piko

piko6

GT Owner
Oct 5, 2005
what i did notice is that now i can loose traction when changing to second gear not just when starting out in first like before :banana

AMB

GT Owner
Aug 29, 2005
San Diego,Ca.
On 03/04 Cobra's, there is a CAT protection ckt that richens up the AFR. The GT may have that same ckt.

AMB

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
bony said:
Dave, I am with you. I have ran PowerChips in my MBZ's and they set up of either 91 or 93 Octane and remap extensively. Whipple claims to remap in such a way that a Ford dealer can't detect it.

A lot of tuners claim their reflash cannot be detected, so I don't think the claim by Whipple is anything unusual. This tuner has 3 modes one of which returns the car to stock configuration, which is similar in concept to what the Diablo Predator can do.

Also if you become good friends with the service manager its a total non-issue if its re-flashed and detectable or not. I have always done this, some say I bribe them (but that would be illegal so I can't confirm that) and have far fewer problems than most. All that I know that on my Z06 I got a battery replaced and loaner cars without leaving the car overnite.

Take the service manager for a ride every now and then and let him drive the car for starters.

Dave

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
AMB said:
On 03/04 Cobra's, there is a CAT protection ckt that richens up the AFR. The GT may have that same ckt.

AMB

AMB

Based on the dyno run shown and ones I have done the AFR has not been enriched. But they obviously have done something to produce the results, which is great to see.

Dave

jamie

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 23, 2005
Virginia
I would have to agree with wolf that it has to be timing mostly, because the car can handle more timing with better octane so they give it more timing and a little more fuel to go with it and thats where you get the increase.

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
my ford lightning makes 400 rwhp on 91 octane and 13 degrees of timing. 430 rwhp on 100 octane with 19 degrees of timing. not sure if more fuel is added or not between the two tunes. i just flip a switch and presto more power. the software is diablo revolution. :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Power due to octane

Guys, the max you can get is (at best) proportionate to the Pi of the engine, being proportionate to the octane rating (if airflow is adjusted properly for highest 'explosivity'ratio)..

and Pe (effective output power of engine)= Pi (internal combustion power of gas/air mix)- Pr (reibung/frictive powerloss in engine, dissipated in heatloss of block)

Pi being the result of the cycle efficiency (delta P / deltaT) of specific combustion process chosen, and frictive powerloss Pr results due to mechanical engineering construction ingenuity of engine itself..

... if I remember my pretty first lessons of combustion engine semesters of University still correctly..

Last edited:

werewolf

GT Owner
Oct 30, 2005
So ... it remains a bit of a mystery how to increase motor torque by 50 ft-lbs with no change in the air/fuel ratio. Sounds like timing advance alone, from 91 octane to 93 octane, won't do it .... :confused

barondw

GT Owner
Sep 8, 2005
Fast Freddy said:
my ford lightning makes 400 rwhp on 91 octane and 13 degrees of timing. 430 rwhp on 100 octane with 19 degrees of timing. not sure if more fuel is added or not between the two tunes. i just flip a switch and presto more power. the software is diablo revolution. :thumbsup

Freddy

A couple of questions.

Can the Diablo Revolution be reset to original settings so the dealer does not know it was modified like the Predator?

Unfortunately you have 2 mods, timing and racing fuel. Have you dyno'd with 91 octane and timing change? This would provide a better comparison.

Dave

Fast Freddy

GPS'D 225 MPH
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 5, 2005
Avondale, Arizona
yes my program still retains the factory setting which with just a flip of a switch i can go to that program. the factory would never know. but the reality is my truck has way more mods on it than just software tuning so it really doensn't matter. with that said when i get a GT my plan is to swap pulleys for more boost, swap out the factory exhaust for long tube headers and a custom fabbed exhaust system with high flow cats. last but not least, give the car a tune with 2 programs. one for 91 octane and one for 100 octane. assuming you make 16 lbs of boost with the aforementioned mods you should be looking at > at least 650 rwhp on 91 octane and maybe as much as 700 rwhp on 100 octane. :biggrin

buy the time i buy a GT........... the warranty will have expired. so screw the emissions nazis and the dealer police :thumbsup

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Fast Freddy said:

Well, I just did a 'presto' calculation check of this rwPe gain, following the underlying theoretical logic I outlined above, (using the Pi proportional increase X*100/91)..:
100/91*400hp is a max of 439HP. Accounting for the accordingly increased frictive losses Pr, 430 rwhp is very much correct as effect of Octane increase.. :thumbsup The 6° timing correction you can afford as higher octane gas mix means less tendency of knocking (selfignition), it allows for fuller ignitionspread and pressurebuild pre pivotpoint, a good approach with good milage result. You don't want to mess with pump pressure between switch settings either, in fact you would most likely thin out the fuel slightly to optimize combustion mileage....

Last edited: