Major Maintenance -- ?

JChoice

GT Owner
May 11, 2019
Hey guys, anyone did any type of major maintenance on their Ford GT? What's involved and when is it due? My car is now 5 years old and has 3k miles- wondering what is involved in a major service on these things? It's not that I need it but I have an opportunity to get a free major service so wanted to pack in everything that I could service while I have this opportunity.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Change oil, flush and replace brake fluid, flush and replace clutch fluid, flush and replace transmission fluid and transmission cooler fluid, flush and replace coolant and supercharger cooler, replace oil pump belt, replace serpentine belt, replace gasoline filter, check A/C and add fluid. Replace air filters, clean MAF, replace battery and clean ground strap connection. Fill windshield washer container. Use appropriate GT approved parts and fluids by Ford.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Wait, are you talking NGT or 05-06?

I've got 10,000 on my 2018 and so far just changed oil 3 times.

Reactions: THamonGT

JChoice

GT Owner
May 11, 2019
NFGT...
Change oil, flush and replace brake fluid, flush and replace clutch fluid, flush and replace transmission fluid and transmission cooler fluid, flush and replace coolant and supercharger cooler, replace oil pump belt, replace serpentine belt, replace gasoline filter, check A/C and add fluid. Replace air filters, clean MAF, replace battery and clean ground strap connection. Fill windshield washer container. Use appropriate GT approved parts and fluids by Ford.
Wow. Thank you. This is for a 2019 NFGT.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
NFGT...

Wow. Thank you. This is for a 2019 NFGT.
I'm sorry, I gave you the list for the 05-06 GT. Your 2019 should just need an oil change. You have two choices. Use the expensive Castrol Edge 5-50 wt race oil, or the Ford Motorcraft 5-50 wt GT oil. The difference is about $500 more for the Castrol. Filter is just a little over $100. I looked in the Owner's Manual and I should have changed the air cleaner and cabin filters also. I call the Concierge and schedule it with them. They call the servicing dealer and get the stuff sent to the dealer. Always a pleasant experience. I am lucky the servicing dealer is only 28 miles from my house, so I drive there directly and wait for the car. I used the Motorcraft oil this time to save some money and time. I will not be tracking the car.

You can download the Owner's Manual to your phone and have the info handy all the time. Make sure the TSB's have been done and check to see if Sync 3 is up to date.