In Search of a Blue or Black Ford 05-06 GT with all four options

rown4au

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 5, 2006
Washington
Hi all; As the title says I have been on the hunt for a blue or black, 4 option, 05-06 Ford GT for the better part of a year. I am looking for something in the 2k-10k mile range and have a preference for an unmodified car with service records.

I am located in the Pacific NW but I am willing to consider a car anywhere in the continental US.

I am willing to pay market value but as this is my long term dream car I want to find the right one.

After discussing with a current GT Owner locally they suggested I should try posting here to see if I could find one that way.

Thanks for your help!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Have you been following bring a trailer?

Last edited:

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Where in Washington are you? I'm near Vancouver, and there are a a couple handfuls of members in the Seattle area.

And, as the Pickle Doctor said above, watch BaT.

rown4au

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 5, 2006
Washington
I am way up North in Belingham (near the Canadian border for those that don't know). By the way PeteK, I like your tag line - I drive all my cars and plan to drive this one when I find it as well!

I have been watching BAT , Cars and Bids, Sotheby's, and a few other places religiously, and reached out to the seller in every case a car was close to my parameters. Frankly it's been a pretty frustrating experience. Most of the cars have been with resellers (not in itself an issue) but most had little or no service history and even have had a seller expect me to bid near his reserve before he would let me have someone see the car. Just not comfortable dropping the better part of half a million USD on that basis...

I know the right car is out there its just taking a lot longer than I expected to track it down.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Be patient, grasshopper. The right one is out there, it just takes time to find it.

I also sent you a PM so check your messages (the envelope icon) on the Forum.