dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The Sebring test is now complete.

News from Central Florida:

• Scott Dixon and Sebastien Bourdais will complete the driver lineups for the Sebring 12 hour race. Neither is a surprise. Dixon has participated in some of the development work for the race program and has driven the GT before but was behind the wheel of a CGR DP at Daytona. Personally, I'm a fan of Dixon and he always shows an ability to squeeze out every last drop of fuel at a negligible penalty to his overall pace. It's likely both will be behind the wheel at Le Mans in June. Sebring 12 Hour lineups as follows:
    • #67 - Ryan Briscoe, Richard Westbrook, Scott Dixon
    • #66 - Joey Hand, Dirk Müller, Sebastien Bourdais
  • The #25 Team RLL BMW M6 was quickest in all sessions and put up a best lap of 1:58.705. The #66 Ford GT ran a best lap of 1:59.461 and the #67 put up a 1:59.494. The cars have now returned from the Daytona-specific BoP to what they will be running until the next adjustment. In one of the late sessions Richard Westbrook had an off and the car didn't return. No reports of any reliability issues from the test, so hopefully this carries over to competition. No issues at the Roar before Rolex, but hopefully this time is different!

Test Session 3 Results

Test Session 4 Results

022616_SebTest_BC_42825.jpg

022616_SebTest_BC_43861.jpg

022616_SebTest_BC_43383.jpg

CcFl4KxXIAAKJke.jpg

Mssrs. Westbrook and Briscoe:

CcFNu-GWIAE1h8N.jpg

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
In regards to the Roar before Rolex, did the cars have the IMSA side digital display on them when testing?

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yup.

fordification

Aug 9, 2005
Did the corvettes not bother making those sessions?

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, they were not there. I think they were down at Sebring earlier in the month.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ
Thanks.

Interesting stuff.

You can never be totally sure what this data is really telling you, and what the various teams are trying to accomplish without tipping their hands.

However, I am starting to get a queasy feeling about being the bottom cars in a very small class. Time will tell. certainly Ganassi should know what he's doing.

One thing for sure. Beautiful weather here in Florida these days. Wending our way back to the Northeast on Monday, and who knows what we'll find. Hopefully the worst is over.

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
You can't read much into lap times at this point. I wouldn't be shocked however if the GT was legitimately slower given the baseline test BoP. After Daytona they set the test BoP and, as an example, the M6 gained boost while GT lost boost at all RPM and gained a couple plates in the magic weight box. Sometime in the next couple weeks they will adjust that stuff again.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
While they (sanctioning body) sorts out 'equivalency', stay on an extra day at Sebring and change set-up in #67 with smaller (BW) turbos, faster transient response.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Looking forward to an exciting Ford racing season... Can't wait to attend another race.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
We plan on seeing them in Long Beach and Le Mans. Laguna Secca is also being considered and this year's Rally????? Simply an awesome year to be a GT fanatic.

Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Vince... I have a few extra seats in a luxury suite over the pits at Lugana Seca if you are interested. I bought too many... Our kids can't make it.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
DBK, STORMCAT asked this before, but I couldn't find where it had been answered, so here goes again. Is Ford going to have any FORD Hospitality set up for this race requiring the purchase of special tickets? I've already purchased a couple 2-day Super Tickets, 18-19 Mar 2016, for the race.

Thanks for everything you do for us, Jer

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
DBK, STORMCAT asked this before, but I couldn't find where it had been answered, so here goes again. Is Ford going to have any FORD Hospitality set up for this race requiring the purchase of special tickets? I've already purchased a couple 2-day Super Tickets, 18-19 Mar 2016, for the race.

Thanks for everything you do for us, Jer

If nothing comes up I'll do the same.. Scott Dixon is an awesome addition to the team .