GT ON EBAY WITH SALVAGE TITTLE

Dawsongrant98

Oct 29, 2007
Eustis, FL.
Just sticking up for myself

It's not about selling the car Shelby, I really don't care when, where, or how that happens. I just like to help people consider different perspectives and be a little more conscious of what they're saying. Just the facts Mam, just the facts. How many of you are old enough to know where that's from?

moderators note
\----------------/
Isn't your car the coconut special??? I think your posting on the wrong thread?
Bony

Last edited by a moderator:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I have had people bash cars that I have listed before on various forums such as saying the price was too high, or I will never get anywhere near SAID price etc. No matter what I would say, they would just fire back at me stronger. What I was simply trying to say is that no matter what you say, most people will make up there mind after looking at the pics. Some will be ok with it, Others wont. I personally would just drop it as its really not gonna change anyones view IMHO. As I have already stated publicly on this forum you are a good guy to deal with, let others make there own opinion.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Looks like 117K takes it:ack

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I thought the same thing Bony, but someone else brought up his car when talking about this car. That is why he is posting on this thread

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Good information.

HeritageGT,

Thanks for your post and the pictures. Perhaps that car was repaired properly, I don't know if it was or not. But I do know several things after reading the eBay ad and viewing the pictures. This is information that I would not have known if you had not posted your findings. In his eBay ad the seller said, "the damage was to the right front." This statement is not true. If he had said, "some of the damage was to the right front" or "the car had damage to the right front" then he was just shading the truth. But his statement indicated that "the damage" was to the right front, and that's BS. That car is damaged right, left, and center. I hate to see Ford GTs scrapped. They are too rare and special. Had I the skill, like the GT guys, I would love to rebuild a Ford GT from a salvage/recked car. Assuming it was done properly, I think the car could be sold without trying to minimize, and that's an understatement, the extent of the damage prior to repairs. Once one makes a misleading statement, subsequent statements will require more scrutiny. If you want peace of mind, pick up the phone and call Rich or Dennis(GT guys), send them a plane ticket, and they'll give you a :thumbsup or a :thumbsdow. It should be the first, and will prove to be the best money you can spend on a preowned Ford GT. All the best.

Chip

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Chip, as with politics and economics, once again your post is right on target!

+1

:thumbsup

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
The first thing that should throw up a red flag that the damage was extensive is that they changed the color of the car. Had it been lighter damage as the guy suggest, no person in there right mind would have changed the color of the car. They would have tried to get it as close to its original look as possible without spending the money to do a complete repaint. That entire car had to be taken apart to do it correctly and cost alot more money

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Again, anybody that buys a car without a ppi, is short sighted. Been saying that since day one.

Heard yesterday that the price of frames is up over $60k and the transaxle went up $3k+

abolfaz

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 11, 2006
Coral Gables
The first thing that should throw up a red flag that the damage was extensive is that they changed the color of the car. Had it been lighter damage as the guy suggest, no person in there right mind would have changed the color of the car. They would have tried to get it as close to its original look as possible without spending the money to do a complete repaint. That entire car had to be taken apart to do it correctly and cost alot more money

I don't agree here shelby. The entire car needed to be repainted after the repair so the cost of a color change at that point would not have been significant, plus once its a got a branded title the resale is in the shitter anyway. Regardless, THANKS to the member who posted those "before" pictures!!!!

thrashdu2002

Feb 26, 2007
Fortuna,Ca
when ur spending that much on a super sportscar, dont get a salvage,get something new.

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Question: several times it has been suggested that the car should have the frame replaced? What does that do to even a salvage title car? VIN numbers are stamped all over the frame. Would Ford re-stamp the same VIN numbers on the replacement frame to keep the title correct? (also.....60k for a replacement frame?...wow!!! Maybe I should order a spare!!)