ebay coconut gt... pour a cold one and join in with your comments

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
I sold the car to Andy from Performance Auto Sales. He feels a good wet sand and buff will do the trick.

Congrats Scott! Glad you sold the car.

Although, I gotta say, a good Wetsand and buff is far from what that car needs. Reminds me of the saying, "you can polish a turd all you want, but you still got a shiney turd in the end" LOL

Sorry, Dont get mad, just had to say that. I am sure that car could be nice, but after the information you disclosed, I think the car needs a complete repaint the RIGHT way. Wetsanding is not gonna help the paint flaking issues and TAPED ON PEALING stripes.

Non the less, glad you sold your car. You handled some of the negative comments very well. Best Wishes!

Dawsongrant98

Oct 29, 2007
Eustis, FL.
Just kidding!

I was just trying to get a rise out of everyone.:rofl He knows what it really needs. By the way, back on the farm in Iowa the saying was "Let's make a silk purse out of a sow's ear"

Dawsongrant98

Oct 29, 2007
Eustis, FL.
Sold figures

$128,000 purchase price
$700 for 2 rear tires
$500 to my friend for using his dealer license
$132,000 sold price
Profit $2800 :thumbsup

So, instead of paying to rent a car for a week I made $2800 and put 100 miles on a GT. That works for me. More importantly I learned more about the GT market place and the car itself. Why did I take a short deal? I found another place to put the money.

2006 Caterpillar M315D Wheeled Excavator with 775 hours, $300,000 list. I paid $130,000. Sounds like a good deal but until it's sold I won't know! You never do till it's over, one at a time. Profit doesn't always happen, but an education does.

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
...2006 Caterpillar M315D Wheeled Excavator with 775 hours, $300,000 list. I paid $130,000. Sounds like a good deal but until it's sold I won't know!...

Now there's something that would come in handy around the spread! :thumbsup

Spirit- you want it or will you let me have it? :lol

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Love the BIG YELLOW stuff,.... besides nothing like a CAT to cure the little willy issue. :)
Took Mrs. Bony two months to notice the FGT, I wonder how long it would take her to discover this baby??

Dawsongrant98

Oct 29, 2007
Eustis, FL.
Top speed 21 mph!

Here she is!

Attachments

• M315D%20in%20NV-1.jpg
    M315D%20in%20NV-1.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 240

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
how about a test drive? :)
Kip... can you cover it in CF? :)

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Now there's something that would come in handy around the spread! :thumbsup

Spirit- you want it or will you let me have it? :lol

Chris - I sure could use it :thumbsup for some chores around here, but I know you could too.

How bout a 50/50 split [of course it will need to be "garaged" :eek here in Texas being it's not of much use to you in the winter time:frown].

:usa :lol :lol :usa

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Shrewd warning.

Love the BIG YELLOW stuff,.... besides nothing like a CAT to cure the little willy issue. :)
Took Mrs. Bony two months to notice the FGT, I wonder how long it would take her to discover this baby??

I was having a little trouble getting to sleep last night so I hopped out of bed and dug my trusty bottle of Nytol out of the medicine cabinet. As I was struggling to get the childproof cap off I noticed the warning label. "Do not operate heavy machinery while using this medication". DAMN!!! Normally, right after I take a couple of sleeping pills, I head right out to the garage, fire up the bulldozer, and level off a couple of acres before I crawl into bed.

Chip

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Chris - I sure could use it :thumbsup for some chores around here, but I know you could too.

How bout a 50/50 split [of course it will need to be "garaged" :eek here in Texas being it's not of much use to you in the winter time:frown].

Sounds good to me. Think about the cool rig we would have to buy to move it back and forth between ID and TX. :banana:banana

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Trailex her!

Chris, I think you should design a new Trailex trailer to haul the Cat back and forth. I think the Tourag would pull it ok. The frontal area migh pose a bit of wind resistance but the V10 should do it.....

All I can say is good luck....gives me the shivvers !!!!

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina

Ironically enough I saw one on the roads around here - going top end of 22 MPH!

All I thought of was you two :rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:banana