Don't Leave Your GPS Unit On Your Dash

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
http://www.snopes.com/crime/intent/gps.asp

I was suspicious about the "PIN" shouldn't that only allow ATM access and $300...

If they go into a branch, and try to withdraw using an ATM card, at least they are on camera...

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I left a sample of my DNA in an envelope on the back seat once - got home to find I was already home. But it wasn't 'me' it was a perfect clone.

Heads up, please do be careful when leaving traces of deoxyribonucleic acid in the car, now thieves understand the mechanisms to copy the antiparallel strands of the double helix.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I left a sample of my DNA in an envelope on the back seat once - got home to find I was already home. But it wasn't 'me' it was a perfect clone.

Heads up, please do be careful when leaving traces of deoxyribonucleic acid in the car, now thieves understand the mechanisms to copy the antiparallel strands of the double helix.

:biggrin :lol :lol :wink

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I left a sample of my DNA in an envelope on the back seat once...

Last edited:

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.

I have left lots of DNA in backsets, but i didnt use an envelope:lol

FLY GT40

GT Owner
Jul 14, 2006
So. Ca.
I just have my home address in the "Favorites" area, and "Home" is the local Police Station, since the GPS is hard wired to my truck's power system
Ralphie
In Mammoth Lakes home and the police station may not be more that a couple of miles apart.:thumbsup

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
I just have my home address in the "Favorites" area, and "Home" is the local Police Station, since the GPS is hard wired to my truck's power system

Ralphie
In Mammoth Lakes home and the police station may not be more that a couple of miles apart.:thumbsup

You're right - and I'm about as far away as one can be - but a thief would have a hard time finding my house with the GPS. And there are alot of thefts in the parking lots of the ski area - mainly by kids who are trying to enhance their low incomes.

The economy this season is really affecting the ski resort, and they just made some cuts in 1) salaries, 2) benefits, 3) working hours, and anywhere else they can cut back. Virtually every employee is affected.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The economy this season is really affecting the ski resort, and they just made some cuts in 1) salaries, 2) benefits, 3) working hours, and anywhere else they can cut back. Virtually every employee is affected.

Took my toddler skiing at Lake Tahoe for the first time over MLK weekend. It was pretty empty. We paid a discounted rate for the group lesson without having to ask, and then my son got a one on one lesson, since he was the only one in the class. He loved it. I hadn't skied in about 7 years, so we had a blast the next day, when we all skied together the next day.

I've never been to Tahoe in my life and seen the town so under capacity. Very sad, although I'll admit it made things easy and pleasant for a family of four.

P1150531.jpg

Last edited:

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I have left lots of DNA in backsets, but i didnt use an envelope:lol

It's another euphemism for 'French Letter'.

Great ski shot.... I took my kids for their first ski last year, it was a hoot.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Took my toddler skiing at Lake Tahoe for the first time over MLK weekend. It was pretty empty. We paid a discounted rate for the group lesson without having to ask, and then my son got a one on one lesson, since he was the only one in the class. He loved it. I hadn't skied in about 7 years, so we had a blast the next day, when we all skied together the next day.

I've never been to Tahoe in my life and seen the town so under capacity. Very sad, although I'll admit it made things easy and pleasant for a family of four.

Italian resorts are fully booked out, I was amazed...

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
I just photocopy my registration, and insurance card, reduce the size down to where botha t the size of a D/l, lamitante both, and keep both in my wallet. When I get pulled over by the police, I have to dig out my D/L anyways, and everything is right there.

If someone steals my wallet, the address is a moot point anyways...

If someone breaks into my car, there is no info to tell them where I live.

I also have hidden the garage door opener inside my dash, using a mini-opener, and tying it to a unused swith on the dash.

Maybe urban legend, but for want of a nail .....

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
If someone steals my wallet, the address is a moot point anyways...

If someone breaks into my car, there is no info to tell them where I live....

I live in a P.O. Box. :lol

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I also have hidden the garage door opener inside my dash, using a mini-opener, and tying it to a unused swith on the dash.

Thanks for letting us know... :cheers:biggrin

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I live in a P.O. Box. :lol

+1 :biggrin

Been off the radar for years. :secret: