Ding removal (roof)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
My ‘06 has a very small ding (jumbo acorn probably) on the roof between the door cutouts and about 4” back from the top of the windshield. It could be very easily removed if accessible. Is the roof panel at this location accessible with the headliner out or is there an obstruction? I’d like to know before I take out the headliner. Thanks so much in advance for any information you can provide.

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
Try getting a piece of dry ice on a hot sunny day and rubbing it over the area. Make sure you have heavy gloves on so the ice won’t burn/freeze your hands. Works good to cause the metal to contract quickly and may get it up again.

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ
Paintless dent removal? I've had a guy work miracles for me over the years.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Both good suggestions. I would contact my insurance agent and find out whom he recommends for this kind of repair.

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Another good resource for a dent removal guy recommendation is the local Porsche dealer.

Reactions: Nafod

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
If you get a paintless dent guy be sure he's experienced with aluminum

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Thanks everyone. Does anyone have a picture of the roof panel from the inside with the headliner out?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I can't put my cursor on it right now, but there are pictures of the inside of the roof on this forum. In particular, there are pictures of the headliner removed, and bare tubs without anything installed.