dead battery and a trickle charger

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Thank you for your replies ..... I pulled the battery and yes ... it was dead. Probably a victim of a hot shot charger. I'll get a new battery in her on monday. but since the car got winched into the trailer and rolled into the garage ... then who knows when it happened.

Yes this car was a new car.. actually two where new and one was used. The used one is apart .. the other new one I sold to the local dealer and the one in the garage is dead for the weekend. Oh well, I promised my son the first ride in the car so ... i guess all is well inspite of myself.

I did not find the charger up front ... it probably got walked off at the dealership. I'll see if the other car has one in it. Also I will look into the chargers for both and the lotus as they all have the ultima battery or one similar in them.

It was the first time that I stepped into a new car and had nothing happen when I turned the key. :willy Kind of made me mad for a minute or two ... then I just started laughing.

Well, once again thanks for the advice .. I hope to meet most of you guys this year and also if anyone knows where a yellow no option 06 is ... I;m in the hunt ... I had one just get away the other day.. so.... well you all know what its like.:lol

thanks
steve

PeakCompletions

Boost is an addiction...
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 6, 2007
West Texas
Just had the same problem with my new car, weather finally cleared and click... no juice...

Found the factory charger and the part number on mine if anyone is interested is 4G7V (NOt Z) as shown above.. rest is the same..

thanks,

Ray

ladams1

GT Owner
Jan 1, 2007
Central Florida
Lighter charger

Thank you for your replies ..... I pulled the battery and yes ... it was dead. Probably a victim of a hot shot charger. I'll get a new battery in her on monday. but since the car got winched into the trailer and rolled into the garage ... then who knows when it happened.

Yes this car was a new car.. actually two where new and one was used. The used one is apart .. the other new one I sold to the local dealer and the one in the garage is dead for the weekend. Oh well, I promised my son the first ride in the car so ... i guess all is well inspite of myself.

I did not find the charger up front ... it probably got walked off at the dealership. I'll see if the other car has one in it. Also I will look into the chargers for both and the lotus as they all have the ultima battery or one similar in them.

It was the first time that I stepped into a new car and had nothing happen when I turned the key. :willy Kind of made me mad for a minute or two ... then I just started laughing.

Well, once again thanks for the advice .. I hope to meet most of you guys this year and also if anyone knows where a yellow no option 06 is ... I;m in the hunt ... I had one just get away the other day.. so.... well you all know what its like.:lol

thanks
steve

I use the three FGT 0.50 amp trickle chargers for three cars, the FGT, Lotus Elise Sport and the Porsche 911 CAB. All of these with good results. I did use it on my 2003 360 Modena with good experience. When I traded it in for the 2006 F430 the lighter socket goes dead when the ignition is turned off, so I wired the battery Tender directly to the battery. They work great also.

I have two batteries that are dry cell. The good news is they take 2 years to go dead (normal decay) if not used compared to a normal battery of 4-8 weeks. The bad news if you want to keep it topped off it is beneficial to trickle at 5 amps not 1.25 amps. These chargers for the battery are made by Battery tender. The good news is they are not really needed but that did not stop me from buying one :(

Lee

Last edited: