Best Ford Dealer for 05 06 Parts

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Does anyone have a best Ford dealer they like for 05 06 Parts? I'm in Los Angeles. Just read the thread about half shaft nut tightness and it's time for hardware! Thank - Dan

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Do note, that you are going to need to prove that you own a GT to buy parts (copy of the registration works). The reason is to attempt to keep non gt owning people from hoarding parts to resell for profit. With that, especially if you just need a couple nuts, maybe use your local dealer.

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Thanks. My guy at Galpin Ford just retired. I'm looking for a dedicated advisor. I do own the vehicle and bought
a lot from Galpin already. May try them again.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Get to know your local dealer parts department manager on a first name basis. That has helped me.

Last edited:

Petunia

Dec 25, 2023
Los Angeles
Thanks Pete. The parts manager at Galpin Ford Don Worrell is a good guy but like a lot of dealer guys very much under pressure and not a lot available. I'll keep poking around. Fortunately I'm down to maintenance after a good size project - Dan

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ
Meaning no disrespect, can be hard to do.

If you find a good one/set up a good relationship, try to keep it at any cost.

The guy/gal who starts out in the Mustang GT section of the catalog is not the person you want.

If you are not doing ordering too often, perhaps the retiree could do it for you?

Or, more likely, have him introduce you his replacement. Get together somewhere: bring coffee to the dealership or take them out to lunch? Just a thought. Retirees are often looking for something to do besides what's on "the list".

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I went through a lot of effort to buy two rear hatch shocks from my local Ford dealer

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Don't do that. When they fail (and they soon will), buy the improved setup from Kendall, "Nota4re". Way better than the limp-dick OE struts.

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Thanks. My guy at Galpin Ford just retired. I'm looking for a dedicated advisor. I do own the vehicle and bought
a lot from Galpin already. May try them again.
I stock around 100k in new ford parts at any given time and anything I don't stock and is available i can ship with in a week.

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
I stock around 100k in new ford parts at any given time and anything I don't stock and is available i can ship with in a week.
So, a set of wheels, headlights and a car cover?

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
So, a set of wheels, headlights and a car cover?
Haha not counting those items.

JoeCor

Jun 18, 2023
I need help opening the front storage compartment on my 2006 Ford GT. I closed it after taking out the battery to replace it and know the latch on the side is not working.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Put 12 volts on the cigarette lighter/outlet. A dumb battery charger should work. Then use the fob.

Reactions: 69b302