Battery removal

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Joe,
Thanks for the reply and I received your message. Just trying to decide to put in the smaller battery with the new mount or go with another the same size (lithium of course) and use the "old" mount.
If you install the smaller battery, with the new tray, etc., please post pictures if you can.

Reactions: italianjoe

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
Joe,
Thanks for the reply and I received your message. Just trying to decide to put in the smaller battery with the new mount or go with another the same size (lithium of course) and use the "old" mount.
Hello Brian, it's going to be really hard to find the same size. The company who made them went out of business. This is why Ford had to find another supplier and found out that the new suppliers batteries were a bit smaller, so this is why when replacing the battery we need the change the battery tray and lin connector.

Hope this helps.

Joe

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
oh... the words "out of business". been hearing that for years about the parts for 05-06, which is a SIMPLE car compared to the NGT....... yikes.....

Reactions: Nafod

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
oh... the words "out of business". been hearing that for years about the parts for 05-06, which is a SIMPLE car compared to the NGT....... yikes.....
Not sure if we need to worry just yet. I lot of companies closed and out of business during covid and eventually ford did find new suppliers. It's not just in the Ford GT parts but in other Ford line up as well.

Joe

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
Antigravity offers an H7 battery that fits. You just have to trim off a very small tab that takes 2 seconds. It does not have the built in LIN connector as the OEM battery but they offer the same 1 wire IBS (LIN) adaptor that works. You can find the combo here.

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
Antigravity offers an H7 battery that fits. You just have to trim off a very small tab that takes 2 seconds. It does not have the built in LIN connector as the OEM battery but they offer the same 1 wire IBS (LIN) adaptor that works. You can find the combo here.
Sorry, here is the H7 and the adaptor. Make sure to get the 60ah

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
The LIN or IBS on the battery (GT uses a single wire) feeds 8V+ to the car.

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
8V positive that is

NSXER

GT Owner
Aug 13, 2016
Kansas
One cool feature of this battery is it comes a built in jumper starter in case the main battery goes dead which really stinks on a GT.

RE-START Technology - Built in Jump Starting
Never stranded again… Our amazing RE-START Technology is the first battery ever to offer Wireless Remote-activated built-in Jump Starting. (Can also be activated manually by pressing Restart button on top of battery.) So it won’t allow you to get stranded with a dead battery! For example if you left your lights on the intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) in the battery would put itself to sleep before being drained dead, yet save just enough energy to start your vehicle again and get you out of that emergency. And with our WIRELESS REMOTE KEYFOB you can activate the Jump-Starting without ever opening the hood of the car. Simply press the Keyfob Button, start your car and drive away.

italianjoe

Apr 9, 2018
Dearborn Heights Mi.
One cool feature of this battery is it comes a built in jumper starter in case the main battery goes dead which really stinks on a GT.

RE-START Technology - Built in Jump Starting
Never stranded again… Our amazing RE-START Technology is the first battery ever to offer Wireless Remote-activated built-in Jump Starting. (Can also be activated manually by pressing Restart button on top of battery.) So it won’t allow you to get stranded with a dead battery! For example if you left your lights on the intelligent Battery Management System (BMS) in the battery would put itself to sleep before being drained dead, yet save just enough energy to start your vehicle again and get you out of that emergency. And with our WIRELESS REMOTE KEYFOB you can activate the Jump-Starting without ever opening the hood of the car. Simply press the Keyfob Button, start your car and drive away.
Hello Nsxer, Have you installed one in your GT? And was there any issues when you did ? It sounds like an option and I would like to see if its compatible with the Ford systems. Thank you for sharing.

Joe

JoeCor

Jun 18, 2023
I need help opening the front storage compartment (front hood) on my 2006 Ford GT. I closed it after taking out dead battery to replace it. The side latch is not working. It won’t open the front hood. Any ideas on how to open it?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Put 12 volts on the cigarette lighter/outlet. A dumb battery charger should work, using the lighter adapter. Then use the fob.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Are you putting the ignition key into the trunk lock, turning it and pulling the lever at the same time, Just like filling up with gas?

If worst comes to worst, jack up car on that side, take wheel off, pull wheel well liner (a huge pain in the ass) and you can then get at the cable itself.

I like Pete's idea better.