Another battery replacement thread...

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
I would think that GT 101 would have access or knowledge concerning this brand/battery.

I guess Your Right, sometimes the obvious isn‘t obvious enough.

BTW: still looking for my Ford ID … nowhere to be found.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Ford ID?

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Deka 9A35/85 intimidator.
You can buy it from Amazon and then ship it to your house. Perfect fit
Have used this several times with no issues.
Keep a drip on it

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
When you consider the cost of carbon fiber options for new cars to the actual weight saved, it makes a lithium battery seem like a great deal. Braille offers a lithium group 25 battery that they claim will fit.

Reactions: MR. 5 MPG

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
When you consider the cost of carbon fiber options for new cars to the actual weight saved, it makes a lithium battery seem like a great deal. Braille offers a lithium group 25 battery that they claim will fit.
Not sure how to compare pulse cranking amps to cold cranking amps;

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

The reality is that if you are counting the weight difference between batteries you've probably already shed any unnecessary weight from other places. I'd wager that the weight of the radio and the subwoofer far exceeds the weight difference between two batteries. For the 1% that care about a few pounds, they're already done it. For the remaining 99% it's an expense that has no measurable performance gain.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Maybe so Tony, but boy, I would appreciate the lighter weight when swapping them out.

😎

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe so Tony, but boy, I would appreciate the lighter weight when swapping them out.

😎
I agree with that!!!

Made me think. My Cobra had two 6V batteries in series stacked end-to-end. I wonder if the 6V versions would stack in the GT. That would make the weight thing easier to deal with.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State

😎
Damn right. That's the best reason for swapping to a LiFePO battery I've heard yet.