WTB: Original GoodYears

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Hi All,

I'm looking for original Goodyears to purchase.

Thanks
Shawn

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Just curious why would you want those?

Reactions: 2112 and digman1

Shawn

GT Owner
Nov 27, 2018
PA
Was at a SAAC Convention a few years back with one of my older Shelby Mustang in Concours show division. A gentleman with an original 427 Cobra had the original tires on his car. He told me the story how in 1966 he took them off and stored in a dark room covered to keep for future. Needless to say it left an impression on me and everyone that seen the car. I see the GT's being judged for originality one day and that interests me. Certainly a "GT Forum" Convention with show field, judging etc. may be in the future? Maybe Ford Carlisle 2022? I have my original tires currently with 817 miles so I'm good for one car. I'm in the market for another 05'/06' and buying parts when available.

Reactions: Art138 and extrap

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
How old are you and how many miles on the car? Will you be around in 30+ years when it matters? And remember, your competition for a driven car with original tires will be an delivery miles car still wrapped in plastic with original tires (and they do and will exist.)

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
That’s interesting. I still have mine. Took them off and put in storage four years ago For same reason.

Reactions: Roadtrip and Shawn