Wheels and lug nuts

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
My current 2005 GT has standard wheels. Just paid way too much for the optional wheels. Question; are the lug nuts the same. If not how can i acquire correct ones?

Cobraguy

GT Owner
I use the same nuts on both the base and optional wheels. I was able to purchase the nuts from my local Ford dealer.

CanadaGT

GT Owner
Sep 28, 2006
Edmonton Alberta
Yes, they are normal Ford part. 1/2" by 20 I think for thread size

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
The Base wheel's lug nuts are open, and kinda unattractive which is OK since they get covered by the large center cap; the Upgrade wheel's lug nuts are 'closed' meaning capped so the lug can't be seen, and the lug nuts have a nice shiny finish since they can be seen. I haven't tried the Base nuts in the Upgrade wheels but in pretty sure they'll fit ... but won't look very good ... of course with beauty being in the eye of the beholder who knows maybe you will like the steam punk / Mad Max look :)

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
The stock nut for the base wheels is an open nut.
I was thinking the upgraded wheel used a closed acorn nut, as they are exposed, unlike the base wheels which are covered by the larger center cap.
While the open nuts should work, they have an "unfished look" and leave the ends of the wheel studs exposed.

Jeff

Reactions: analogdesigner

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
The Base wheel lug nuts are open, and kinda unattractive as they are covered by the large center cap; the Upgrade wheel lug nuts are 'closed' meaning capped so the lug can't be seen, and the lug nuts have a nice shiny finish since they can be seen. I haven't tried the Base nuts in the Upgrade wheels but in pretty sure they'll fit but just won't look good.

The stock nut for the base wheels is an open nut.
I was thinking the upgraded wheel used a closed acorn nut, as they are exposed, unlike the base wheels which are covered by the larger center cap.
While the open nuts should work, they have an "unfished look" and leave the ends of the wheel studs exposed.

Jeff
Great Jeffs think alike!

Reactions: extrap

Gary

GT Owner
May 11, 2006
Festus, Missouri
Are the capped lug nuts that came with the optional wheels available? Part #?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
You can find them eBay. Just search for Ford GT supercar.

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
4R3Z-1012-AA/9R3Z1012A look like the lugs for the optional wheels.

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
You must of just bought those ones on BAT, i followed that & though damn

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Paging @Derry He might have a left over of the run he did way back then. I love my "Derry Hot Nuts"

Derry

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
buffalo, NY
LOL, I will look around!