warranty clutch replacement

wanaplay

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2006
I messed up the subject on the first post.....so let's try again......
Has anyone had a clutch replaced under warranty? My 2005 GT has 170 miles on it, and the dealer tells me the clutch is gone, the clutch slave cylinder was leaking from the factory. According to the dealer, Ford is "researching" the problem, and will get back to them. If Ford has done it before, I believe it will help my cause.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
This is not strictly a 'clutch replacement' - as that might lend one to believe that the clutch assembly (plates) had worn out or gone 'pop'!

If the slave cylinder is leaking it's definitely a warranty issue - no precedent required and no 'research' required either.

Sorry if that comes across as a bit blunt (it's not meant to be) but it sounds like a black and white, open and shut case to me.....

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
I'm not doubting Wannaplay's issue, but in 3 1/2 years on the program, the only bad slave cylinder I ever saw was on a test car with a TOTALLY smoked clutch. The heat from the clutch burning caused the seals to melt in the slave. BUT, I've found that with women or cars, ANYTHING is possible.

Neilda is right. If the slave did leak, it should be an open and shut case.

Neilda

GT Owner
Oct 19, 2005
London, UK
I've just (two weeks ago) had a brand new slave cylinder go on an Aston Martin - it's rare (given it's not a complex unit) but it can happen.