This Week Sucks

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It is back to reality time after the best car week ever. I have been playing out in my head what we were doing exactly one week ago. It was getting ready to start. Many of you were already there. The TX group was cruising through a brief storm north of Indy.

Later in the day we would come within 1/2 mile of the Chicago Group and mesh in with them for the home stretch to the Ritz.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
I spend all my time in the forums trying to relive the joy or the Rally.
My wife isn't real happy about it, she created an account here just to send me a PM telling me to get off the site and do 'stuff' with her. :thumbsup

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Don't forget the Hustler Club and Tiffany at Outback. Did you get the pics I sent? FJP

FB GT40

GT Owner/B.o.D
Mark IV Lifetime
May 30, 2006
Folly Beach, SC
You are so right! Did anyone else have this experience?

Driving to work Monday morning in my Land Rover LR3 - having spend a week and 2,300 miles in the GT - the steering wheel in the LR3 felt like that from a Blue Bird Bus. The whole car felt weird! Big and ponderous. HUGE inputs to go anywhere. :frown Boy, I love that GT!!! :biggrin

Gordo.

scode

Mar 28, 2006
Plymouth, MI
Yes I did too, but I had great stories to share and great memories to reflect on. Even one's I did not realize were happening untill after the fact. I sold a car because of the event, got to ride in an AC Cobra replicar which I have always wanted to do, although not as good as the real thing. Found out that I will be in the documentory Mark is doing on Camillo, and made great friends that I can't wait to see untill the next event!

It is like going to "Cedar Point" on the last day of summer vacation. on the drive home all you think about is having to get up for school the next day. That can realy "SUCK". Have you ever laughed at the back to school commercials these days :lol

We all had a great time and now it is time to plan for the future. We can't change the past, but we can make the future better.

Keith

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Just packing my bag for Monterey car week...yipee :biggrin

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
Just packing my bag for Monterey car week...yipee :biggrin

I envy you Bony. Shoot some pics of the GT corral.

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
Florida Chris said:
I envy you Bony. Shoot some pics of the GT corral.

...and why are you not joining your west coast pals? :confused Best week in the vintage car world.

...pictures will be shot. :biggrin

sharp33

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2006
Rochester, NY
Silverbullitt said:
It is back to reality time after the best car week ever. I have been playing out in my head what we were doing exactly one week ago. QUOTE]

You said it! After the most fabulous car week ever I had to go back to work Monday morning and deal with all of the BS. I can replay the trip over and over in my mind but what I'd really love to do is rewind and do it all over again! :banana

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
fjpikul said:
Don't forget the Hustler Club and Tiffany at Outback. Did you get the pics I sent? FJP

No pictures yet. I was thinking about going back to St Louis and kidnapping Tiffany. She was so nice. Did you get pics of her?

FlorIdaho Chris

Yeah, I've got one.
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
bony said:
...and why are you not joining your west coast pals? :confused Best week in the vintage car world.

...pictures will be shot. :biggrin

I have been busy at Wixom today... :biggrin

Can't be two places at once.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Now the road trip started two weeks ago. Still replaying it. We were at Unique Performance looking at serious american muscle. (Foose Hemi Challenger, Foose Camaro and dozens of Elanors). Open house Oct 14.

All pics went to DBK last week.