Shelby Hertz Available

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
Talked to my local dealer today. He is getting a Shelby Hertz car w/6000mi. next week. I did not discuss price. If interested call Bob Silva Ford (559)-665-4811

jsalomon

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 20, 2006
Newport Beach, CA
Talked to my local dealer today. He is getting a Shelby Hertz car w/6000mi. next week. I did not discuss price. If interested call Bob Silva Ford (559)-665-4811

What is your contact's name at Bob Silva?

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
What is your contact's name at Bob Silva?

You can talk to Bob Silva directly, or Robert Silva (no relation). You can also PM me for Bob's cell number.

SLF360

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

I'd be very careful with these.. If' I'd rent one, it would suffer for a while to show what it can do. I guess many others would ride it not exactly as their own.

Like, why wait to beat a rental car, when the engine oil is still cold ?:bored

B O N Y

MODERATOR & FGT OWNER
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 5, 2005
Fresno, Ca.
I'd be very careful with these.. If' I'd rent one, it would suffer for a while to show what it can do. I guess many others would ride it not exactly as their own.

Like, why wait to beat a rental car, when the engine oil is still cold ?:bored

ass-x-actly :thumbsup

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Watch the prices!

Watch the prices as they are bringing in the mid $50,000 wholesale at Manheim auctions in
Georgia , (Atlanta) and some were bringing high 50's to 60's. Are they worth that kind of money? They were sold under 10,000 miles and 8 were sold on January 29, 2007. At the middle of Jan they were bringing mid 60's (wholesale to dealers). 4 sold in denver on Jan 10 for 61-62 with 10,000 miles. Good Luck if you think they are worth THAT:thumbsdow .

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Instant Flash!

I am at Houston auto auction and a Nissan Dealer from Texas is running a Hertz GT-H is running through today. I will update when run. Tomy Hamon

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
GT-H at the auction

LATEST FLASH, GT-H was the first car accross the block at 9:30 am this morning. They tried to open the bid at 65 with no buyers, then dropped to 55 and had no buyers opening the bid, then auctioneer stated that it would take 60,000 th buy this vehicle. No takers on this car in Hou. Tx. I can't get the forum any later info on GT-H's!:biggrin WHAT ARE THEY REALLY WORTH? New car dealers don't seem to know. Hertz is making a load for these GT-H's. Thats usually the way it works.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
We'll see what it looks like when it gets here. The original 900+ '66 Hertz cars had the crap run out of them too. Now look at em. If the miles are low, the price is right and the thing hasn't been wrecked I would'nt worry too much. You can research the service history very easy. I'll give you an update hopefully late next week.

Ferrari Beater

Jan 29, 2007
Farmington Hills, MI
I know that people are going to think that the transmissions are fine because they are all autos, but just think about all the neutral-slams these cars have been through. I would not want to spend 50k+ on a car and replace the transmission right after.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
What about the similar Shelby GT that is coming?

Won't that affect the value of the GT-H's?

It's not the same, but pretty similar.

Plus you get a manual with the Shelby GT, and it is brand new...

I'd forgoe the nostalgia and just get the Shelby GT myself...

New, Cheaper, Manual trans.

Perhaps I am missing the point, but just wanted to throw that out there...

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As a side note, there have not been any burn outs in these cars, as the traction control "off" switch was removed.....

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
As a side note, there have not been any burn outs in these cars, as the traction control "off" switch was removed.....

Heheh. They'd like to think so.

Already one journalist has written about bypassing the bypass, and getting traction control de-activated.

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
I took a look at the GT-H at Silva's in Chowchilla. Very nice, clean car that looks like new. They are asking $65k. Personally I like the look of the 'H' better than the GT500. Just my opinion.:wink

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Hertz GT Price

Would you give $65,000 for a Used Hertz-GT when for $65,000-$68,000 you could buy a Shelby-500 (NEW) or a GT Shelby (new) for a lot less. Hertz H's can't be worth that kind of money! Hertz is running the price WAY up on these cars at auction and Dealers are buying thinking the buying public will go wild and pay big prices for these Hertz-H's. Its nuts,crazy. ITS STUPID MONEY. Hertz is virtually getting 2/3 of their original investment back at auction on these USED cars. Keep in mind THEY DIDN'T PAY RETAIL OR MSRP WHEN PUT INTO RENTAL SERVICE 6-8 MONTHS AGO (6-9,000 miles ago). Thats what makes the automobile business very interesting! Ford told Ford dealers these cars would be available to purchase at Ford Auctions when coming out of service but Hertz are selling to any dealer at only 2-3 auctions (Denver,Atlanta,?. For what its worth . :biggrin

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Shelby GT

What about the similar Shelby GT that is coming?
Won't that affect the value of the GT-H's?
It's not the same, but pretty similar.
Plus you get a manual with the Shelby GT, and it is brand new...
I'd forgoe the nostalgia and just get the Shelby GT myself...
New, Cheaper, Manual trans.
Perhaps I am missing the point, but just wanted to throw that out there...

Ford will build 6000 Shelby GT's. There are 4000 Ford dealers and every dealer that wants one can get "one". The remaining 2000 cars will go to dealers based upon their volume. 3000 of the Shelby GT's will be automatics like the GT-H's. That leaves only 3000 5-speed Shelby GT's. AND...according to Ford no dealer will get more than 1 five speed manual SGT. :willy This makes finding one at MSRP tough but if you call several small town dealers ya might just pull it off. I ordered my 5-spd SGT from a friend who is a high volume Mustang dealer. He got 3, two autos and one 5-speed. There will be more Shelby Mustangs next year so this isn't your last chance. But like my GT, this is gonna bug me till it's in my garage.:ack I missed out on buying a new Shelby Mustang in the 60's, and while old Shel' is still alive, I'm not gonna miss out this time.:biggrin :banana

Chip

isaakgt

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 20, 2005
Wilder, Idaho
From what I hear they are building 500 Hertz cars total. I don't know this to be fact but that in itself could be a factor. He will sell it. I've seen it happen before.

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
One of the Ford Dealerships south of Houston has been advertising that they have 8 GT-H's on the lot for sale. No mention of price, but they are really playing up the Shelby connection, the heritage of the original Hertz Rent-A-Racer, etc.

I'm sure they are asking stupid money tho.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Used Hertz Mustangs

Refer to posts above. The Dealership is Gulf coast
Ford-Nissan in Angleton, Texas south of Houston and he has been advertising 8 in stock for sale. He has been asking $60,000 for them retail. Ford and Shelby only built 500 of them and they are taking them out of service. Are they worth that kind of money.. Not to me and I'm a dealer. Tomy Hamon

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Used Hertz Mustangs

Refer to posts above. The Dealership is Gulf coast
Ford-Nissan in Angleton, Texas south of Houston and he has been advertising 8 in stock for sale. He has been asking $60,000 for them retail. Ford and Shelby only built 500 of them and they are taking them out of service. Are they worth that kind of money? Not to me and I'm a dealer. Tomy Hamon