Schnell Fest HPDE event at COTA and Porsche Race– November 22, 23, 24.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I plan on attending this track weekend at COTA, if anyone is interested. It would be cool to get the band back together, enjoy the track and watch some real Porsche racing!

If you have never run with PCA, you will have to be in the novice group which fills up very quickly, so mark your calendar. You don't need a german car to participate.

See email from LoneStar PCA organizer below

Simon

Please mark your calendars for our next Schnell Fest HPDE event at COTA – the weekend before
Thanksgiving... November 22, 23, 24.

Registration will open at Noon on Wednesday October 9th on clubregistration.net.

This November 22-23-24 Schnell Fest HPDE will be three days because we’ll do it in conjunction with a Porsche Motorsports North America (“PMNA”) Porsche race. Here’s a link to PMNA’s website: Home | Porsche Motor Sport North America (porschemotorsportna.com)
Over three days you will enjoy the same amount of track time that you normally get in one of our “normal” 2 day Schnell Fest HPDE events. In Between run sessions you’ll have the opportunity to watch PMNA Porsche racing featuring a very high caliber of cars and drivers. It should be a lot of fun!

As always, our event website is: Austin Schnell Fest :: ClubRegistration.net

Look forward to seeing you at COTA in November!

Reactions: JamesOlivas

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I’ll be there with the 4RS

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I’ll be there with the 4RS
Did you get the OAP installed?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Did you get the OAP installed?
Not yet…got a set though

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
This event has been cancelled.

@ByeEnzo I'll at Eagles Canyon Nov 9-10 with Chin Motorsports?

"
Dear Schnell Fest HPDE drivers:

For reasons beyond our control the November 22-24 Schnell Fest HPDE at COTA has been cancelled. Please stay tuned for upcoming 2025 Schnell Fest dates at COTA.

We're very sorry for the cancellation and share your disappointment. As alternative Fall driving opportunities please consider participating in Maverick Region - PCA's October 12-13 Solo-Only HPDE at Eagle's Canyon Raceway. Registration Link: Maverick Region PCA Driver's Ed Maverick Region PCA SOLO ONLY HPDE October 12-13, 2024 (clubregistration.net)

Lone Star Region - PCA is hosting HPDE's the weekends of October 5-6 and December 7-8 at Motorsports Ranch Houston. Registration and information available here: HPDE – Lone Star Region Porsche Club (lsrpca.com)

Again we share your disappointment about the November event, but look forward to seeing you at COTA in 2025.

Best regards,
David Gross
Schnell Fest HPDE Event Chairman
"

JamesOlivas

Jul 24, 2024
I plan on attending this track weekend at COTA, if anyone is interested. It would be cool to get the band back together, enjoy the track and watch some real Porsche racing!

If you have never run with PCA, you will have to be in the novice group which fills up very quickly, so mark your calendar. You don't need a german car to participate.

See email from LoneStar PCA organizer below

Simon

Please mark your calendars for our next Schnell Fest HPDE event at COTA – the weekend before
Thanksgiving... November 22, 23, 24.

Registration will open at Noon on Wednesday October 9th on clubregistration.net.

This November 22-23-24 Schnell Fest HPDE will be three days because we’ll do it in conjunction with a Porsche Motorsports North America (“PMNA”) Porsche race. Here’s a link to PMNA’s website: Home | Porsche Motor Sport North America (porschemotorsportna.com)
Over three days you will enjoy the same amount of track time that you normally get in one of our “normal” 2 day Schnell Fest HPDE events. In Between run sessions you’ll have the opportunity to watch PMNA Porsche racing featuring a very high caliber of cars and drivers. It should be a lot of fun!

As always, our event website is: Austin Schnell Fest :: ClubRegistration.net

Look forward to seeing you at COTA in November!
I am also excited for it.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Apparently you did not see it is cancelled.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Unfortunately it has been cancelled.....if you haven't been to Eagles Canyon Raceway north of Dallas you should check it out.It is a very technical track that is well maintained with great onsite facilities. I will be there when Chin hosts there in Nov 9-10.

I will likely be at COTA with Edge Addicts the weekend after on Nov 16/17.

The next PCA even is in 2025 ...see below

"Dear Schnell Fest drivers,

March 8-9, 2025 will be our first Schnell Fest HPDE at COTA next year. Please mark March 8-9, 2025 on your calendars.

Registration will open Wednesday January 22 at Noon CT on clubregistration.net.

Many of you have asked why the November event was cancelled. It was planned as a shared weekend with PMNA, but due to complications with insurance we were unable to host the event as intended."