Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Wow... I wonder what this means moving forward.
:unsure:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
How many times has BBS been in this position? I don't think it means much.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Agreed. The equity holders will get clobbered, and maybe even the debt (if there is any). But this is a storied company, with about $150 million in annual revenues. So I doubt the company is going away.

Private Equity always gets a bad rap, though I will say that the auto manufacturers are notoriously tough customers. Remember Inaki Lopez of VW fame? He was such a tough purchasing czar that his name became a verb!

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Not certain, but I believe it has been five times.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
It's yet another business maneuver. Bankruptcy is just part of the financial game. Every major US airline has been through bankruptcy too.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Private Equity always gets a bad rap, though I will say that the auto manufacturers are notoriously tough customers. Remember Inaki Lopez of VW fame? He was such a tough purchasing czar that his name became a verb!

you mean José Ignacio López de Arriortúa ?

You‘re right, a real tough guy but in the end added much more Problems than he solved. but there is still this attitude, I had the „pleasure“ to attend such a negotiation meeting between a car manufacturer and a level one supplier still remember someone saying „no risk no fun“ after the supplier concluded that making even a very small profit from a five year services contract would be questionable. That industry is tough.

Reactions: KennethClay

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I just saw the BBS news. 5 times is right.