Radio harness connectors

intence

Feb 27, 2009
I've read that all Ford GT have both the blue (McIntosh) and gray (Sanyo) radio harness. My car was optioned with the McIntosh and I'm looking to upgrade to aftermarket.

Does anyone know what type of harness connector the blue McIntosh uses? And is it possible to use the gray harness connector for aftermarket headunit if everything else is McIntosh?

img_2611-1-jpg.67462

Gerry B

Feb 21, 2024
Dearborn, Michigan
Can you see a part number or supplier logo on the connector? Looks like a female 11 pin connector. It's C240 and C290 on page 151-5, location F4 on the wiring diagram. A dealer can look up the part number in PTS I think. You have to have access to the on-line wiring diagram. I's not in the paper copy I have.

GT101

*UK Support*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 20, 2010
Colchester, Essex, UK
I'm pretty sure the cars were wither built with the standard audio (Sanyo/Rockford Fosgate) or the premium audio (McIntosh) so you shouldn't find any spare connectors in there.
If your car has a McIntosh fitted then it has a separate power module for that sited in the passenger footwell. This does mean that you can't easily swap the McIntosh head unit for any other single DIN head unit. It can be done but there's a bunch of work involved to get the amp and subwoofer to talk to a non McIntosh head unit.