Parts Shortage

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
My boost guage went out about 60 days ago. I went to the dealer and they ordered a replacement. About ten days later the replacement came in. It was damaged. The mechanic told me that this is not the first time they have sent GT specific parts without adequate padding when shipping.

They ordered another one that day. There is not one to be had anywhere. The mechanic also had a hard time finding a speedometer for another car.

I told him that I thought that we had a ten year supply of parts. He told me that it is more like three or four.

We need to get a list together if we can of all of the various manufacturers of parts for our cars. It is only going to get worse.

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
A Arms have been on back order for months as there have been posts of people looking for them. Last I heard they are about to get a shipment in, but can not confirm. Also, I was told that the driver side headlight was on back order and no known date when they will be available. I am sure there are more parts, but there are the two i can think of off the top of my head....

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
From my tour at Rally I I think a company called Mayflower formed the body panels and Vintage Air supplied the AC.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I stock more of this stuff then anyone that I am aware of. The speedometer I do know is on Backorder same with the LH headlamp.

Checking on the boost gauge now.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
When this happened back in the '70's with the Pantera and Ford, Gary Hall bought the entire supply of parts from Ford so that he could have a lifetime supply for himself. He turned that into a business that has lasted years. Sometimes history repeats itself...

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
A Arms have been on back order for months as there have been posts of people looking for them.

The arm thing was because of a falling out between the bushing and arm suppliers. New arms should be available soon.

I think people have crashed GT's at wildly higher than assumed rates. I also think people have bought and hoarded parts even if they don't need them, weakening the supply. I'm not ratting anyone out, but I know one person who has several GT's worth of spare everythings but the frame.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I also think people have bought and hoarded parts even if they don't need them, weakening the supply. I'm not ratting anyone out, but I know one person who has several GT's worth of spare everythings but the frame.

Everyone knows it is less expensive to buy the whole car than to buy the part individually. I guess that's why smart ones, own multiple GTs.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
I am hoarding an extra shiftball....as a paperweight

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I am hoarding an extra shiftball....as a paperweight

:rofl:rofl:rofl

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
I picked up some new paperweights today, feet not included

Attachments

• DSC05752.jpg
    DSC05752.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 555

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
When this happened back in the '70's with the Pantera and Ford, Gary Hall bought the entire supply of parts from Ford so that he could have a lifetime supply for himself. He turned that into a business that has lasted years. Sometimes history repeats itself...

Gary did end up with lots of Pantera stuff and has done a remarkable job of keeping a lot of cars on the road. As I remember, Steve Wilkinson later leveraged himself into becoming the sole importer of parts from DeTomaso. I remember Gary and other Pantera vendors not being too happy over that.

I read from lots of members that if only we can find the companies who built GT parts for Ford we could maybe get parts from them. I question if that's possible. I imagine they are contracted by Ford to build parts exclusively for Ford. Probably some copywrite violation there somewhere.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Hey Jeff do me a favor when you get the marker lights I shipped out look at the logo on the back.

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
4G7Z 17255-AA Speedometer = ON BACK ORDER NO ETA

4G7Z 10A979-AA Boost gauge 10 ON ORDER SINCE 10-06-08 still on back order no ETA.

4G7Z 13008-AC RH Headlamp National PDC 5 days

4G7Z 13008-AD LH Headlamp On back order no Eta

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Hey Jeff do me a favor when you get the marker lights I shipped out look at the logo on the back.

Ok....will I find the imprint "Fastpartsnetwork"??? :biggrin :biggrin :rofl

Oh God don't let it say "Made In China" !! :willy

tmcphail

GT Owner/Vendor
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 24, 2006
St Augustine, Florida
Ha no that's not the case most of this stuff is sourced from the UK. The tow hooks I have here were made in Belgium

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Help - I Need One Of These

I need one of these.

4G7Z 13008-AD LH Headlamp

Anyone got one?

HELP!!!

Will look very strange with only one head light.

Please send PM - Thanks.

Fred

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
I wonder if anyone is hoarding the wrecked cars yet?

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Hey guys get a free flyer boost gage.......get ahead of the curve:biggrin

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Hey guys get a free flyer boost gage.......get ahead of the curve:biggrin

Yes, it would go very well with a Whipple or TT the stock gauge reading only a wimpy 15 lbs. At the rate of price increases on the Ford parts, free flyer may even cost less. :biggrin

Pantera1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 12, 2008
Iowa
Ha no that's not the case most of this stuff is sourced from the UK. The tow hooks I have here were made in Belgium

True, I know parts from this car came from all over the world.
My question is can you buy the same part directly from these vendors as Ford? Or are there certain parts that are used on other applications...not just the GT? It would seem any parts marked with a Ford part number on it couldn't be purchased directly from the source. :confused