New Oem front splitter

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
No affiliation I've already got a spare so I don't need it but it seems like a pretty good price ,if someone needs one brand new.https://www.ebay.com/itm/1765231981...3yiknIEHQOa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=SMSIMG_4037.pngIMG_4037.png

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Northwood GT I guess hasn't retired. Only a new name.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
Are they not available from Ford? Tasca and others have them listed for about $330.

Reactions: 2112

dr914

GT Owner
Feb 11, 2009
Marietta Georgia
I bought an extra one from my local Ford Dealer about five years ago and have it as a spare

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Are they not available from Ford? Tasca and others have them listed for about $330.
Yup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Also a key detail, when you get it from your local dealer, there is not any shipping costs.

Reactions: 2112

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Also a key detail, when you get it from your local dealer, there is not any shipping costs.
And shipping on large even though low weight items kicks in a size surcharge that quickly erases any price advantage from Tasca and others over the local dealer. Check prices both places. My dealer in CO gave me a shop price because my friends shop did business there.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
My local Ford dealer charges more than the Tasca and other online Ford dealers and retailers. They add shipping cost on special order items too. Actually this appplies to almost all other dealers in my area. Local BMW, Porsche, MB dealers are higher than out of state dealers with strong internet sales by a wide margin even after adding shipping cost. For some reason this doesn't apply to Japanese car dealers

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
For most things ford has no third party shipping costs. Dealers get delivery of parts from the ford warehouse on a ford truck that makes a regular circuit that brings all parts usually daily. If the splitter comes from a warehouse and they charge the ups rate from warehouse to parts depot they are double dipping since the ups charge never happens. if they are having depot parts sent ups they're dumber than a rock

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
You should be looking for A/C compressors
Ford says obsolete no longer available

Reactions: Twturbo and Johntpr

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
You should be looking for A/C compressors
Ford says obsolete no longer available
Ron, isn't the AC from Vintage Air? Have you tried them yet

GT@50

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 14, 2019
Issaquah
Ron, isn't the AC from Vintage Air? Have you tried them yet
I just started looking for a compressor
Ford BU2Z 19V703 LA comes w/clutch-NLA
Rock Auto has a GPD 6512373 made in China that is supposed to work.
Any other options?

Reactions: MAD IN NC

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
I just started looking for a compressor
Ford BU2Z 19V703 LA comes w/clutch-NLA
Rock Auto has a GPD 6512373 made in China that is supposed to work.
Any other options?
Seriously, I would call vintage air. In talking with them at R1 when SAM had that leak in his FGT th one guy says they tried to use each part in multiple applications. Maybe they will still service the AC compressor or have a replacement