Looking for maintenance Service in San Diego CA

sgskinny

GT Owner
Jul 9, 2024
Hello All. I am seeking a mechanic in San Diego to maintain my 2006 Ford GT regularly. I would greatly appreciate any recommendations.
Sincerely Steve

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Hi Steve,

We're in Santa Clarita - about 2 hours North of you, if we can help.

July2024.jpg

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I stopped by to visit Kendall/nota4re last week and pick up some tires. He just built his shop and it's magnificent! Yes, I have "shop envy."

Unless there's someone in SD that has lots of experience with FGT's, I highly recommend that you drive the 2 hours (light traffic), or however long it takes to get through LA with traffic. Do not try to go cheap on these cars. Although they are not particularly expensive to maintain, they can be really expensive to fix someone's mistakes.

Reactions: MR. 5 MPG

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Thank you Pete. It was nice to see you and meet your daughter! The new house and shop has been a long time in the making. While the house is all done (when the Queen is happy, the land is happy), we still have more plans for the shop. We want to sheetrock it and add HVAC. etc. But, we are operational and we have been enjoying to meet several new GT owners.

Reactions: dshears

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
I sent some references in San Diego via PM. Cannot recommend Kendall aka nota4re for a multitude of reasons.

Last edited:

rnkma4

GT Owner
Jun 9, 2014
Santa Clarita
Kendall has serviced my 05 GT for over 10 years now. No issues at all.

George

Kendall has serviced my 05 GT for over 10 years now. No issues at all.

George
My car has been maintained by Ryan (nota4re) for 12 years and I can recommend him unreservedly.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I sent some references in San Diego via PM. Cannot recommend Kendall aka nota4re for a multitude of reasons.
white out has stooped to a new low...

OP - Sry to corrupt your thread with this nonsense and I truly hope you can find a shop closer to you to take care of your GT. If you do find a good shop that you trust but who may not have GT experience, we'd be happy to coach them through any processes they may be uncomfortable with. For example, the first time or two changing out the oil pump belt can be a little daunting and you certainly don't want to get it wrong. We can help with these and other steps if/when needed. The main problem with Ford Dealerships as well as private shops is the retention of GT-skilled mechanics. If you find someone and they can get trained-up, the GT is a pretty easy car to work on.

Addressing white out's slanderous comment - he's a more than a thousand miles from us, never been to our shop, nor have we ever had a business interaction with him. Rather, his "multitude of reasons" stem from our public call-out of a post he made regarding some GT replacement shocks which he originally characterized as "Made in the USA". We reminded our colleagues here in the GT Forum that the shocks were indeed made in China and were well-known/popular with the Honda Civic and Subaru crowd and which commonly competed with other cheap, poorly made shocks popular in the $5,000 rice rocket car market. They have no place on an American Icon like the Ford GT. I guess white out seeks revenge by making disparaging remarks about our GT business that have no basis in reality. He'll be getting a letter from a good friend/attorney and if he chooses to make additional slanderous statements then, who knows, maybe I'll have a small inventory of Chinese-made GT shocks to re-purpose for the slammed Civic market.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I'll confirm Kendall's offer of phone support. Between Kendall and Rich if I ran into something I wasn't sure of a call to one of them would get me on the right track.

That said, I don't know how far away they are but Galpin Ford used to have a couple of Ford trained Ford GT techs. As Kendall said, the problem these days is that many of those people have moved on to other places. Or retired :)

Last edited:

white out

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 22, 2011
white out has stooped to a new low...

OP - Sry to corrupt your thread with this nonsense and I truly hope you can find a shop closer to you to take care of your GT. If you do find a good shop that you trust but who may not have GT experience, we'd be happy to coach them through any processes they may be uncomfortable with. For example, the first time or two changing out the oil pump belt can be a little daunting and you certainly don't want to get it wrong. We can help with these and other steps if/when needed. The main problem with Ford Dealerships as well as private shops is the retention of GT-skilled mechanics. If you find someone and they can get trained-up, the GT is a pretty easy car to work on.

Addressing white out's slanderous comment - he's a more than a thousand miles from us, never been to our shop, nor have we ever had a business interaction with him. Rather, his "multitude of reasons" stem from our public call-out of a post he made regarding some GT replacement shocks which he originally characterized as "Made in the USA". We reminded our colleagues here in the GT Forum that the shocks were indeed made in China and were well-known/popular with the Honda Civic and Subaru crowd and which commonly competed with other cheap, poorly made shocks popular in the $5,000 rice rocket car market. They have no place on an American Icon like the Ford GT. I guess white out seeks revenge by making disparaging remarks about our GT business that have no basis in reality. He'll be getting a letter from a good friend/attorney and if he chooses to make additional slanderous statements then, who knows, maybe I'll have a small inventory of Chinese-made GT shocks to re-purpose for the slammed Civic market.
My intial post was short. Unfortunately, Kendall’s post does necessitate an actual reply because of the multiple false statements.

First off, the fact Kendall goes into such a long post over a single sentence post should alert people to what I am referring to.

Secondly, I have purchased multiple items from Kendall/ Cool Tech for multiple of my personal FGTs. This leads to my first reason of not recommending Kendall. He attacked my sale of used Penske shocks for absolutely no reason. His post is unnecessary and uncalled for – especially towards a customer of his who has ordered multiple items over multiple years. Therefore I cannot suggest doing business with this person. Found here:https://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/threads/penske-2-way-coilovers-hyperco-springs.38884/

Thirdly, Kendall has a serious personal problem with the coilovers I offer for sale. After I provided information that the coilovers are in fact not made in China, he continues to make posts with false information and refuses to accept the truth. Kendall has never seen my coilover in person, tested or taken any initiative to gather information on them. Kendall’s posts are unnecessary, uncalled for and filled blatant lies. This leads to points of why I cannot recommend Kendall: 1. he is unwilling to look outside of his comfort zone for new products and new methods brought to market; 2. he makes lies and when confronted with actual facts, doubles down on his lies; 3. he makes uninformed decisions for FGT owners whom he has control over their cars (this goes beyond my coilovers).

Finally, I have never had a threat of lawsuit from a company I have purchased items from and not complained about their products. If I was not an attorney this would be a terrifying post and I can assume this is not the first time Kendall has made such statement to a customer. So for those multitude of reasons I cannot suggest anyone go to Kendall.

During Kendall’s defamatory posts, I did some basic research of him and Cool Tech and found that neither Kendall, his wife (agent of Cool Tech, LLC ) or Cool Tech are licensed with the California BAR. Therefore, I cannot suggest going to a person operating a business in violation of the law. However, if anyone does go to (or did) Kendall they have the option to file a complaint with the BAR and can take the findings of the BAR to court to get all of their money back (both parts & labor). So I cannot recommend Kendall because he is not in compliance with the law.

As far as Kendall’s defamation claim goes … call me. I am an attorney, talking to other attorneys is literally my job. lol

While I attempted to keep it simple, Kendall demanded a longer post of my reasoning. For the reasons above, I cannot suggest taking a Ford GT to Kendall.

Back on Topic for suggestions with southern California companies I have had personal experiences with and can suggest:

LA area. Contact AGX (primary V12 Lambo shop) they have been maintaining FGTs for years and are putting more resources towards them.
https://avantgardexotics.com/

San Diego area. HG maintains quite a few FGT. Best of Show handles items beyond basic maintenance.

Orange County area. Boden Autohaus maintains FGT and has aftermarket support.

Last edited: