Health Forces Sale! 2006 Tungsten GT, Just 5,500 Miles. Only the Best Mods. 750hp. Never Abused. All 4 Options.

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
2006 Ford GT Tungsten. All 4 Options. Only 5,500 Miles.

Whipple, Accufab, Ohlin, HRE Wheels & much more!

Only Two Owners. Clean CarFax. Fast & Gorgeous.

Selling due to Stage IV Lung & Brain Cancer

Hi, Forum Friends,

Several of you know that I have Stage IV Lung Cancer (diagnosed in 2022.) However, in the past two months it’s metastasized to my Brain. I now have eight inoperable, untreatable, brain tumors.

This is traumatic news, but I’m not whining…just explaining why my recently purchased (in Jan ’24) 2006 GT is now for sale. I have great family support, but no kids to leave my cars to. So, my wife and I made the hard decision to sell the GT now.

OUTSTANDING CONDITION:
Only 2 Owners (Nebraska and SoCal.)

Tungsten with Over-the-Top & Rocker Stripes.

Rear Bumper Delete Package.

Clean CarFax: No Accidents or Paintwork.

Clear Title in hand. No Liens or other encumbrances.

Full-body Paint Protection Film (PPF.)

PPF on both Door Sills (for no shoe marks.)

Full Ceramic Coating applied over entire PPF, Wheels & Calipers.

Windshield Protective Film.

(All of the above installed Feb 2024.)

Excellent paint…one barely noticeable small chip on hood, under the PPF.

Interior is Excellent

Engine Compartment is Excellent

Underside is Excellent

Wheels & Tires are Excellent (new tires less than 250 miles ago.)

ENGINE:

Dynoed at 753 hp & 673 lbs/ft (flywheel)

Whipple 3.3 liter Polished Supercharger

Accufab Billet Throttle Body

Boost raised to 19 PSI

Redline raised to 7000 RPM

Ford Racing Polished Valve Covers

JBA headers

Cats Delete (original cats, manifolds & exhaust will go with the sale.)

X-Pipe Exhaust

Ford Motorsport Oil Cooler

Polished “GT” Caps for engine fluids

TRANSAXLE:
Stillen/AP Racing Clutch

3.90 Ring & Pinion

WHEELS:
HRE Forged Wheels: 20x9.0 (F) 20x12.5 (R) Model 893R spoked design, polished lip.

TIRES:
Nankang CR-S 245/35ZR20 (F) 325/30ZR20 (R)

(These are street performance, autocross & road course tires.)

Traction AA. Temperature A. Treadwear 200. Wow, do they GRIP! But they also drive and ride better than you might think on freeways.

SUSPENSION:
Ohlin Fully Adjustable Shocks (f/r)

Ride Quality is as Good as Stock.

Response & Control are Better.

INTERIOR MODS:
Rare “GT 40 Concept” logo 5-point Seat Harnesses (both seats.)

Custom Lowered Driver Seat Cushion (Important if you’re over 6’0” Tall.)

Custom “VIN# 0410” Carpeted Floor Mats

30 PSI Boost Gauge

MAINTENANCE ITEMS:
Oil, Filter & Brake Fluid changed less than 150 miles ago.

New Front Trunk-lid Struts.

Output Shaft Flange Bolts Replaced by Ford dealer during first recall.

Takata AirBag Replaced by Ford dealer during first recall.

Battery Trickle Charger installed.

FACTORY FORD GT EQUIPMENT NOT ON CAR, BUT GOES WITH SALE:

Original Supercharger

Original Valve Covers

Original Exhaust Manifolds

Original Cats, Manifolds and Muffler System

Original Front Shocks

Original 3.30 ring & pinion

Original Rear Bumper & Hardware

Original Lower Rear Valence Cover

PLUS, ALSO INCLUDED:
Original “Ford GT” logo Car Cover and Bag (Over $3,000 to replace.)

Polished Billet Grille Vents for Engine Cover

Polished Billet Engine Compartment Struts

Other Misc. (I’ve probably forgotten something.)

IMPORTANT NOTES:
Remember, Only 5,500 Miles!

Which means that this GT has been regularly driven, so everything is well maintained and works properly, but not at such low miles for an owner to not want to drive it.

This GT has been enjoyed, but not at all abused. The original owner ("GT44" on the FGT Forum) was fastidious with the car and its care. That’s why I bought it.

I’m 65, and do not drive any of my cars hard.

As a testament to this GT's easy life, the original brake pads/rotors (groove-free) are still on the car today. They do not need replacing.

The Original Goodyear tires were still on the car when I bought it. (But I immediately replaced them with the new Nankang tires.)

MISCELLANEOUS THINGS TO KNOW:

All Original Paint. No Touchups or Repairs.

PPF is installed over the entire car, including a special type for the windshield.

This is as nice and pristine of a GT with approximately 5,000 miles as you will likely find, inside, outside and underneath.

All the accessories work properly, the power windows/locks operate like new, and the A/C blows as cold as it ever did.

All gauges, switchgear and displays operate properly.

The “GT40” logo 5-point seatbelts look great, and are very comfortable once properly adjusted.

I turned-on the McIntosh sound system once but, with this car’s addictive engine/exhaust song, I wouldn’t care if there wasn’t a stereo at all.

Comes with all books, tags, two keys/fobs, Monroney price sticker, and two photos of the car on its original Ford dealer showroom floor.

PRICE:
I Have a bit Over $450,000 Invested. (Verifiable to purchaser by my receipts.)

First $435,000 takes it. NO Trades.

Very Close to Asking Price Offers Might Be Considered. Please respect that this is for my family.

I will be posting more photos, and will put together a Dropbox page of images and videos with a link for you to access.

I will be happy to answer any questions, and show the car to qualified buyers.

I live in San Diego, CA. PM me for contact info, thanks.
Van

PS: I hope this stunning, low mile, high performance GT goes to a fellow Forum member. This is one to keep and appreciate. A Blue Chip Supercar.

Attachments

• tempImage8uBwg7.png
    tempImage8uBwg7.png
    12.2 MB · Views: 61
  • tempImagev3fPYr.png
    tempImagev3fPYr.png
    8.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 9E679FE2-9F69-48EF-997A-52CC293AE9B3.jpeg
    9E679FE2-9F69-48EF-997A-52CC293AE9B3.jpeg
    511.1 KB · Views: 55
  • tempImagekdroKm.png
    tempImagekdroKm.png
    7.7 MB · Views: 56
  • tempImageZSRmmt.png
    tempImageZSRmmt.png
    8.1 MB · Views: 53
  • tempImagecolMjQ.png
    tempImagecolMjQ.png
    7.9 MB · Views: 48
  • tempImageZ0qUe0.png
    tempImageZ0qUe0.png
    12.3 MB · Views: 58
  • tempImageiC5dNC.png
    tempImageiC5dNC.png
    9.6 MB · Views: 66

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
Wow—that’s a beautiful car! Very sorry to hear about your health issues.

Reactions: MR. 5 MPG

Johntpr

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 18, 2017
Rockland County, NY
So sorry to hear of your illness. It's a beautiful car, someone will be thrilled with it.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Sorry again for your situation; def sucks. I'm curious: You already have all the info assembled, now you just need a full set of pro photos and you could list it on Bring a Trailer, and I think there's good chance you'd get the same or more than your $435K asking. And possibly more importantly, once it runs it'll be almost a sure thing sale, as in no waiting for a buyer, no haggling, etc. Just collect payment and let the buyer's shipper take it. BaT's fee (https://bringatrailer.com/how-bat-works/#seller-fees) is just $99 to list, plus $330 if you need to use their Pro photo service where they send a photographer to you.

Bring a Trailer comps: https://bringatrailer.com/ford/gt/

Maybe the most appropriate recent comp: 7K-mi '06 Tungsten sold 7/22/24 for $441K https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2006-ford-gt-158/

I wish you good luck with everything.

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I'm in SoCal too. If I can help in anyway, reach out.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Van, I am grateful you were able to enjoy your super FGT as you have.

best wishes moving forward

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Do you happen to know the source for the drink holder?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
I've sold a couple of vehicles on BaT and while they do many things well, they are ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC when it comes to speed. No process within BaT has any sense of urgency and, in fact, I really believe that many employees are content in kicking the can down the road. The lack of urgency seems to be a core (ugly) part of their culture. So, while I believe as a seller I got a great price for the two vehicles I sold, I really can't recommend them. Imagine a slick, streamlined interface like our beloved iPhones but then build in a 1-2 second delay for EVERY operation. It's really frustrating because you can see how good it COULD BE, but the lack of any kind of speed/responsiveness simply ruins the entire BaT experience. I've been on BaT from their very humble beginnings... but sorry to say that they really need to get their shit together or risk getting out-paced by smarter and more savvy competition.

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
Do you happen to know the source for the drink holder?
I saw this drink holder mentioned on the Forum about 6 months ago. It's available on Amazon...but I can't remember the name. If you search the Forum, you'll should be able to find the info as I did.

BTW: It fits nice and snugly, and installs in about 30 seconds...with 25 seconds of that spent deciding how far along the side of the console you want it positioned.

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
Thanks, everyone, for your well wishes and thoughts regarding ways to sell my GT. I've sold two cars on BaT and had a good experience, but yes it did take quite a while to get the car through their queue and online. I'd really like to get the GT sold sooner than later, if possible.

No way I'm doing B-J or any other circus tent auction. Not my style, and I don't have the energy to go through all of that hassle anyway.

Other ideas and suggestions are appreciated, thanks.
Van

Reactions: Johntpr and extrap

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I saw this drink holder mentioned on the Forum about 6 months ago. It's available on Amazon...but I can't remember the name. If you search the Forum, you'll should be able to find the info as I did.

BTW: It fits nice and snugly, and installs in about 30 seconds...with 25 seconds of that spent deciding how far along the side of the console you want it positioned.
Found it, thanks! (y)

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
I just looked back thru my folder of my email correspondence with BaT from when they sold my '05 red GT (https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2005-ford-gt-66/). I first contacted them on 4/13/23 (I already had all my pics ready as well as complete ad text I created from their previous GT listings that I revised as needed to apply to mine). They were very responsive during listing preparation, some days replying multiple times, and on 4/28/23 emailed that my listing had an estimated go-live date of 5/3/23, which it did, and it sold on 5/12/23 ... 1 month. I was satisfied with that.

Maybe I got lucky, or maybe because I was fully prepared when I made first contact, or maybe Bring a Trailer's sale to Hearst, and the changes they've made since, have caused delays. At that time I think they were still set to end all listings 5 minutes apart, which is now as little as 2 minutes apart, and they seem much less selective of the vehicles they're willing to list now.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I sold my 1953 Hudson Hornet though BaT a couple months ago, and had a similar experience to yours. About a month from first contacting them to sale.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Yes, I would say 4-5ish weeks from first contact to sale was about the same for mine... but then after the auction ended it took another 2-3ish weeks before car was picked up. In my last case (just a couple of weeks ago) the buyer tried to use their escrow-like purchase process but was unable to get them to contact him back. After a few days of that nonsense he just wired me the money but then he continued with their process for transportation. That took another week and when the transport company FINALLY contacted me all they wanted to do was verify my address and contact info - all of which they had correct. And then it was another couple of days before a transport driver contacted me to arrange pick-up.

As I said, I think BaT DOES do many things very well - not the least of which is providing a HUGE audience and typically the best possible price. But, I really think they would be well served to speed up their pre and post-sales processes to align with the premium fees they are charging.

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
GLWS & your health it sounds to me like you did what you set out to do & that was to own a Ford GT,it doesn't matter how long it was for just that you did it.

extrap

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 16, 2020
Gainesville FL
Mine sold on BaT on 5/12/23, I had contact with the winning bidder same day, full payment hit my acct on 5/16/23, and the car was picked up by his transporter on 5/25/23. So from my first BaT contact on 4/13/23 to car gone on 5/25/23, 42 days including weekends = 1 month 12 days, right at 6 weeks.

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
Hi guys/gals, I accepted a deposit for my GT today. Buyer is a super nice guy who is new to GT ownership, but is a friend of a person who's active on the Forum.

Thanks, everyone, for your interest. Very much appreciated.
Van

Last edited: