Ford GT & Maserati Bora

H

HHGT

Two gorgeous cars. Where in Texas was this?

The Bora had an innovative idea for luggage placement. Can you guess where?

Attachments

• 1275350497_caeb8d9906.jpg
    1275350497_caeb8d9906.jpg
    163.9 KB · Views: 366

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Two gorgeous cars. Where in Texas was this?

The Bora had an innovative idea for luggage placement. Can you guess where?

Under what we'd all call "the hood". Up in front.

H

HHGT

Under what we'd all call "the hood". Up in front.

Nope...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Then what was that cavern up there used FOR?

There was a storage compartment behind the driver's seat. Is THAT what you're talking about? (It'd hardly qualify as a "luggage compt" though...)

And, if memory serves, there were a couple small storage compartments under the rear bonnet as well. But again, HARDLY "luggage" candidates!

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
...........The Bora had an innovative idea for luggage placement. Can you guess where?

You place your luggage with Fedex and pick it up at the other end?

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The Bora had a removable deck over the top of the engine under the back window. I think the front compartment held the spare tire.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
The Bora had a removable deck over the top of the engine under the back window. I think the front compartment held the spare tire.

I think both the the Merak and the Bora had their spare tires above the gearbox (behind the engine), didn't they? Shoot! I don't remember for sure! That was long before breakfast yesterday - and I don't remember what I had for THAT! :lol

ALRIGHT, Sam! What the heck 'you talkin' about! SPILL IT!!! :willy

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
You place your luggage with Fedex and pick it up at the other end?

No! No! No! THAT'S the FGT luggage compartment! :rofl

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The Mangusta was anoother classic; has saddle-bag hatches on sides

S592R

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
somebody watched "Top Gear" this weekend. :lol Bora had a tray over the engine for luggage storage ... TG's comment was "about big enough to store an umbrella .. which is what my mother would have done."

Pretty car ....

Still prefer the Lambo Muira. :wink

tcm668

Oct 10, 2006
Looks like Reliant Stadium. I suspect it was the United Cerebral Palsy Classy Chassis car show. I used to work on the old school stuff. The Bora had a lot of unique features. Aircraft style Hydraulic brakes (with what seemed like gallons of green snot(Hydraulic fuid)), 2VOHC V8 with Hemi heads and cross bolted mains, the rear engine deck/ storage area, etc.

They moved pretty well for what it was. Hated the stainless roof cover tho. What a nightmare to keep clean.

Don ...

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hated the stainless roof cover tho. What a nightmare to keep clean.

Don ...

'You think THAT was bad? Try owning/cleaning a Delorean!:biggrin

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
somebody watched "Top Gear" this weekend. :lol Bora had a tray over the engine for luggage storage ... TG's comment was "about big enough to store an umbrella .. which is what my mother would have done."

Pretty car ....

Still prefer the Lambo Muira. :wink

Didn't see the show - been at the Monterey Pre-Historics all weekend, crewing for an old college buddy with a '65 Porsche 911 Trans Am. Just went from memory, as I was in love with the Bora when it came out. The engine was a descendant of the great 4.5 liter V8's from the 1957 Maserati 450S which Fangio won the opening round of the 1957 FIA races in Buenos Aires - and that car was a handful to manuver on any track. :cheers

Jim Hall had a 450S in the 1959 LA Times Grand Prix for Sports Cars at Riverside that he bored out to 5.7 liters - he set the fastest time through the speed trap at the end of the 1.1 mile straight at 180.1 mph!

I think both the the Merak and the Bora had their spare tires above the gearbox (behind the engine), didn't they?

I think you may be correct on the spare - I'll have to look at some info when I get back home after the Historics next weekend.

Last edited:
H

HHGT

Bingo!

H

HHGT

I think both the the Merak and the Bora had their spare tires above the gearbox (behind the engine), didn't they? Shoot! I don't remember for sure! That was long before breakfast yesterday - and I don't remember what I had for THAT! :lol

ALRIGHT, Sam! What the heck 'you talkin' about! SPILL IT!!! :willy

Hey Larry, I said luggage but did not specify how big. It is the rear engine compartment/engine lid. Truthfully, when the Top Gear show aired it, I paused the DVR and went and looked at the GT - there is enough space for a Roast Beef sandwich and that's it.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Hey Larry, I said luggage but did not specify how big. It is the rear engine compartment/engine lid. Truthfully, when the Top Gear show aired it, I paused the DVR and went and looked at the GT - there is enough space for a Roast Beef sandwich and that's it.

YEW PINHEAD!!! There's a big diff 'twixt STORAGE SPACE and LUGGAGE SPACE!!! LUGGAGE, as I correctly stated :slap, went UP FRONT!

( 'Bet yewz the kind person who, if ya can't FIND the #44 bus, 'will take the #22 bus TWICE! :rofl:rofl:rofl)

Last edited:

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
YEW PINHEAD!!! There's a big diff 'twixt STORAGE SPACE and LUGGAGE SPACE!!! LUGGAGE, as I correctly stated :slap, went UP FRONT!

( 'Bet yewz the kind person who, if ya can't FIND the #44 bus, 'will take the #22 bus TWICE! :rofl:rofl:rofl)

Too much caffeine Mr. Pockets :frown

H

HHGT

Since I am a hard working republican, I drive my own cars - thank you very much. But theory has it that liberals take the #11 four time to tax the system unnecessarily. If 11 was further divisible, they would find a way to tax it even more - So leave me alone you sore guesser!!!!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Since I am a hard working republican, I drive my own cars - thank you very much. But theory has it that liberals take the #11 four time to tax the system unnecessarily. If 11 was further divisible, they would find a way to tax it even more - So leave me alone you sore guesser!!!!

:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl:rofl :thumbsup:thumbsup :cheers

Sam, ya made muh mornin'!

DoctorV8

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 28, 2006
Houston
Looks like Reliant Stadium. I suspect it was the United Cerebral Palsy Classy Chassis car show.

You are correct, sir!