Ford GT maintenance DVD

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Recently there was mention of a 'Ford GT maintenance DVD'. I had not heard of such a thing beforehand.

Does anybody know where to pick one up?:secret:

dbk

Admin
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'm guessing it's the disc with Rick Titus they sent to dealers. They are extremely hard to find. Last time I stole as many portfolio books as I could from SVT to give out at events they only had like 5 of those discs.

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Dave, I believe I have that DVD. Titus is going through the car and pointing out things like how to open up the front bonnet and such. They also include 'The One' advertising video clip.

The DVD I have does not make any mention of maintenance. I am assuming there is something else entirely.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I got all of the DVD's from Rick for Rally II that he had. He has talked to SVT and Ford about reproducing it in the future. There was no maintenance information on the DVD, just a few how to info. TH

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
The service manual is available on DVD ..... BUT, I bought one off ebay and it was a total mess; a cheap rip off at best. Never could get the disk to boot. The seller sent me a total of three disks to try after which I just gave up. Cavieat Emptor!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
I got all of the DVD's from Rick for Rally II that he had. He has talked to SVT and Ford about reproducing it in the future. There was no maintenance information on the DVD, just a few how to info. TH

Tomy, that's interesting. If I am not mistaken, you are a Ford dealer. What does your service department use if not a DVD? Is there a chart or something that could be shared?

Last edited:

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
CD's & DVD's

All Ford manuals are available from Helm, Inc. in Detroit.

2004-2008 Service Information DVD
Price: $2,200.00 In Stock

2006 Ford GT Service Information CD-ROM
Price: $170.00 In Stock

2005 GT Service Information CD-ROM

Go to www.helminc.com

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
All Ford Dealers can go on FMC Dealer on line and Techs. can pull up service publications and subjects by Motor numbers of the vehicles. All updated information is downloaded online to the techs. as to technical service bulletins daily. Ford is very restricted as to who can get into FMC Dealer and passwords and priorities are changed monthly. Just last week we changed out the GT shifter by directions from this Forum and found Forum information better! Shop manuals on the GT are helpful to my Techs. but can get too indepth and detailed. Most service publcations come from the Service Manual of the GT. Sorry no DVD available but Forum information is invaluable to my GT tech. as he uses my password daily. We are fortunate to have this Forum and its very mechanicly knowledgible members. Tomy PS I'm not just blowing smoke. Thanks Dave for what we have here!

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
.. PS I'm not just blowing smoke.

You never DO... :cheers

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
All Ford Dealers can go on FMC Dealer.............I'm not just blowing smoke. Thanks Dave for what we have here!

Thanks Tomy. That's pretty definitive. :thumbsup

M

Mark O

2004-2008 Service Information DVD
Price: $2,200.00 In Stock
I hope that there's an extra zero in there that shouldn't be. :willy

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is the right number, but keep in mind that is for ALL Ford cars and trucks (not just the GT) during that period.

I hope that there's an extra zero in there that shouldn't be. :willy

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mark O, Specracer.
We Could All Split The Cost ! Get Rick 430 And Usmc Fred As Well !

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The service manual is available on DVD ..... BUT, I bought one off ebay and it was a total mess; a cheap rip off at best. Never could get the disk to boot. The seller sent me a total of three disks to try after which I just gave up. Cavieat Emptor!

I'm sure you set the date back on your computer?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Ron, the $2200 is for ALL cars (f-350 to a focus), no need, the GT specific is the $170. That is the DVD I brought to your place. Well worth having, at least to me.

Also I have had no issus of having to change the date on my computer. I paid the $ and got it from Helm inc (as opposed to one off e-bay), and is works like a champ. Used it several times already.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Kicking the old topic instead of making a new one.

I see several on Helm. Does the CD version here:

2006 Ford GT Service Information CD-ROM
Pkg Qty: 1
(English, CD ROM, FCS1400706)
Click here for detail

include the electrical diagrams? Both service and electrical are on paper separately, but want to know if I need to order the service manual on CD and electrical on paper?

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
The CD includes both the workshop manual and the elecrical troubleshooting manual with circuit diagrams.

The DVDs that cover all vehicles show up used (real oem DVDs, not copies) on ebay all the time for less than $100. The 2006 GT is now covered by a non-expiring DVD (yellow) that does not require the clock to be tinkered with to work. I got one a couple months ago and it works very well. There are times the paper manuals are easier to use though. Those are available used on ebay much cheaper than HELM as well.

Do not buy the 2005GT manuals they have far more errors than the 06 versions.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Does anyone have a copy of the Rick Titus Ford GT DVD? I would dearly love to borrow a copy to view it. Very willing to pay shipping both ways.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Are the Helm books/CDs identical to what I get through Ford? I've seen that Helm is merely Ford's production house and that Ford dealers use the Helm books/CDs/online portals. True?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The CD includes both the workshop manual and the elecrical troubleshooting manual with circuit diagrams.

The 2006 GT is now covered by a non-expiring DVD (yellow) that does not require the clock to be tinkered with to work.

Is the Helm a CD or DVD? Helm says it is a CD but everyone keeps referring to a DVD that leads me to believe there two different electronic service manuals. I know the "all vehicle" is a DVD but I'm asking about the GT only material.