Ford Gt barn find

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Someones been sitting on this one for a while look at all that dirt and mold, I attached a couple pictures in case you can't see the IG link linkhttps://www.instagram.com/p/C8-IasxpSrQ/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

IMG_3054.jpegIMG_3053.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3055.jpeg
    IMG_3055.jpeg
    671.7 KB · Views: 18

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Wow!
Sell it or use it!

Oct 14, 2009
Alberta, Canada
What the hell man? How can there be that much shit on the dash, e-brake, seats and shift boot? Did the owner leave it outside with the windows open? I'm not buying it, and by that I mean, I don't believe there's a Ford GT in this bad of shape from sitting for 20 years. Maybe it got flooded out in a Florida hurricane?

QSS

Reactions: HNS

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Kind of a surprising given how neat the garage looks. No doubt the gauges work.

Reactions: dshears

69b302

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 13, 2021
Upstate NY
Terrible to see a GT so neglected. Mold is definitely a problem when not stored in a proper environment. Probably be very hard to be rid of the smell permanently.

HNS

GT Owner
Mar 11, 2020
East Coast
What the hell man? How can there be that much shit on the dash, e-brake, seats and shift boot? Did the owner leave it outside with the windows open? I'm not buying it, and by that I mean, I don't believe there's a Ford GT in this bad of shape from sitting for 20 years. Maybe it got flooded out in a Florida hurricane?

QSS
I agree. It make no sense. This is only part of the story…

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
I guess they thought they had gold bars sitting there and chose to store it as such.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Truth is stranger than fiction.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
The thought a ford gt could be considered a barn find boggles the mind

Reactions: dshears

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Do you remember that barn find of old rare cars, many Ferraris, a couple years ago? Someday, 30 or so years from now, there will be FGT’s and NFGT’s in some’s barn that get discovered. Maybe DBK’s!

Reactions: Twturbo

Shark01

GT Owner
Jul 22, 2012
Houston Texas
Assume water ingress at some point.

MR. 5 MPG

GT Owner
Jan 14, 2024
SoCal
Definitely looks flooded at some point. Or, the owner's the world's worst housekeeper.

A huge shame to see one of our beloved limited-production cars in such condition. If there's car-care-Karma...