Exhaust Issue

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Hey there. Getting an aftermarket exhaust put on, and the fitment is way off. The exhaust company saying the issue is because my car is TT. However, we just took off a FRP system, which is the same setup as OEM. Elite Autos has been dealing with this for the past two days but I was wondering if anyone else can help back us up that the TT setup is not the issue. Here are some pics of the aftermarket and OEM/FRP system against each other.

View attachment IMG_4681.jpegView attachment IMG_4679.jpegView attachment IMG_4680.jpegScreenshot 2024-08-20 at 12.18.50 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-20 at 12.18.02 PM.pngScreenshot 2024-08-20 at 12.18.18 PM.png

Twturbo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 28, 2022
Upland SoCal
Yea that seems way off & what exhaust is it, is it the F1 valved one

Reactions: Enzo101

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
If you take that exhaust and set it on an absolutely flat table, both flanges need to sit down absolutely flat against the table. If it is not doing this, then it has been fabricated incorrectly. Another, perhaps more telling test, is to take a GT stock muffler and place it on two saw horses so the flanges are straight up. Then, you can take your after market exhaust and set it onto the stock muffler flanges and it should sit flat against BOTH of the flanges with no gaps. Do that and send them a picture. If they get that right, it will work with the Heffner TT. Not sure how they are even challenging Eric there at Elite... he knows his shit, hands down and is one of the best GT mechanics I've seen.

Enzo101

GT Owner
Aug 18, 2015
Clarksville, AR
Yea that seems way off & what exhaust is it, is it the F1 valved one
Yes it is.

Reactions: Twturbo