Delivery Tonight - Quick Newby Question

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
In about eight hours my new silver/black GT will be in my garage. OMG I can't believe the day has finally arrived. The anxiety is killing me!
:willy

The dealer couldn't find the owners manual and I'm having my closest friends stop by for the delivery event and a champagne toast.

In case it's not obvious, how does the hood and rear bonnet open?

Sorry for the newby question and thanks.

SuperB

Board of Directors/Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 8, 2006
South Florida
Bonnet might be too technical for me, but if you mean hood and clamshell....
The hood release is on the key dongle as well as one of the keyed levers on the side.

The clam has a release above the subwoofer, do not, DO NOT let anyone push the clam shell open. Let it open on it's own or you may tweak it a bit and it will be hard to close. After poping it from the release, you'll need to reach in and unlock the two safety catches. It's not that hard, you'll be fine.

Don't pay the dealer the final fees until you get your book and stuff, or at least write on the delivery papers that the book is missing, you at least need a paper trail.

prmoldoaks

GT Owner
Jul 31, 2006
Congrats - Here's a tip, watch your head getting out, make sure the door is wide open, and warn your friends too.

Everyone bangs thier head once, and dont be concerned you need two hands to put the shift in reverse, oh yes and make sure your in 1st and not 3rd when you pull away?

Happy playing

Beach-GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 8, 2006
Seminole Florida
Check the oil HOT and make sure the battery cable is tight. :thumbsup

California GT

GT Owner
Jul 24, 2006
San Juan Capistrano, CA
ACRJoe said:
In about eight hours my new silver/black GT will be in my garage. OMG I can't believe the day has finally arrived. The anxiety is killing me!
:willy

The dealer couldn't find the owners manual and I'm having my closest friends stop by for the delivery event and a champagne toast.

In case it's not obvious, how does the hood and rear bonnet open?

Sorry for the newby question and thanks.

Congrats! You may want to have your friend look behind the passenger seat for the Owners Manual. Many dealers do not know and/or have never looked for the Manual.

Good Luck!

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
California GT said:
Congrats! You may want to have your friend look behind the passenger seat for the Owners Manual. Many dealers do not know and/or have never looked for the Manual.

Good Luck!
You're right. That's exactly where it was. Thanks ..... joe

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Joe is that the one Rich Lacey is delivering? I talked to him yesterday and he said he had a silver car in the trailer?

Matt

ViperJoe

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 17, 2006
Washington Crossing, PA
427Aggie said:
Joe is that the one Rich Lacey is delivering? I talked to him yesterday and he said he had a silver car in the trailer?

Matt
Indeed. Rich did an outstanding job and I would highly recommend his service.

Bill Briley

GT Owner
Aug 9, 2005
Valley Forge PA.
Welcome aboard Joe,
You will love this car!!!!
If you get out to the Valley Forge area, I'll let you buy me a drink.

427Aggie

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 18, 2005
Frisco, Tx
Good you got it...I was hoping it was on its way and I was going to have some fun with you.

Rich hauled 3 of our cars from Dallas to the Rally...I met him through the cobra group and he has hauled a couple of our cars...my viper included.

I highly recommend him not only for Rates but just because he is an honestly nice guy that cares about your car...He has a 66' GT350 that he still races so believe me he loves these things as much as we do.

Not to plug him but if you need a haul his website is www.rct1966.com

matt

todd

GT Owner
Feb 3, 2006
so. ca.
prmoldoaks said:
Congrats - Here's a tip, watch your head getting out, make sure the door is wide open, and warn your friends too.

Everyone bangs thier head once, and dont be concerned you need two hands to put the shift in reverse, oh yes and make sure your in 1st and not 3rd when you pull away?

Happy playing
if you slap the gearshift it will go in reverse very easy.