Custom Subwoofer Install - Another new design created

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
Hello All..

Just spent the weekend completing another system in a friends GT.
My post months ago about the last system in another GT was re-created.
However this time I used the new JVC Deck - like ENZOBTR just installed. The one with Navigation. I also installed rear parking sensors in the rear bumper, a full audible system - so no cheesy display units. I forgot to take pictures of those, but will follow up on those.

I used the 6" JL Audio Subwoofer perfect for this application, and can handle the high power Amplifier.

For now the box I made for the subwoofer is a Fiberglass, MDF Wrap. But I am going to see about getting in molded in Carbon Fiber, or all Fiberglass. But it sounds better than last years box in the footwell. This one takes a lot less space and sounds MUCH better.

So this system now has

JVC - EXAD KD-NX5000 (Navigation System)
Alpine Type R Component Speakers and Tweeters
Alpine MRP-F450
6" JL Audio Subwoofer

I'll have pics of the complete install later on... These are just action shots... The lower dash and tunnel cover are still missing and need to be installed.

Any questions - just ask.....

Andrew

Forming.jpg

Forming2.jpg

BoxAlone.jpg

Mock3.jpg

Mock4.jpg

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Interesting concept. What Are you going to do for a replacement center console? I know where you can get a real nice Carbon Fiber Console slightly less that the Ford Factory console... :biggrin

Exoticare

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jul 18, 2006
Great White North
console is just not installed

The Console is just removed while we work on the car.
everything goes back to stock once we are done. Nothing is cut or removed. in fact the sub box installs against the side tunnel to an existing screw hole